BELY'S BIKE BARN

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Sacke

by Sacke

@LionelB Do you spend most of the year in Aix, or in the US? I know there are a lot of great roads around Aix, but with the drivers around Marseille, it isn't an area where I would head out alone to discover the region. I live an hour away outside of Nîmes.

@bely, sorry for highjacking the thread, and to keep it on subject, you said you were taken by the Factor One. I assume it proved some of your expectations wrong. If so, what did you expect, and what did you get?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

Sacke wrote:@LionelB Do you spend most of the year in Aix, or in the US? I know there are a lot of great roads around Aix, but with the drivers around Marseille, it isn't an area where I would head out alone to discover the region. I live an hour away outside of Nîmes.

About 50/50. Riding around Aix is pretty good.

Bely

by Bely

Hey @sacke - no worries about the thread mate, its all good. this is the interweb after all!

I expected either a harsh (think earlier cervelos - sorry cervelo owners- I used to own cervelos too) or dull ride (think older treks - sorry trek owners - I used to own a couple ) - it turned out to be responsive & lively.

I expected a heavier feel when riding but it was a nice weight - the argo feels terribly light! (but I still love it!)

just overall very much impressed!

@lionelB - beautiful bikes! is that a mosaic??
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

LionelB

by LionelB

Bely wrote:@lionelB - beautiful bikes! is that a mosaic??

Nope, from front to back: Crumpton, F8, Rock Lobster, Sachs. Carbon, carbon, Alu, steel. The Ti one is not here so did not make it to the pic :D

Multebear

by Multebear

tids0009 wrote:
I can't stop looking at the stable and thinking how much it would have cost to build all those.

Probably exactly the point of this topic...

Bely

by Bely

@Multebear - hope you enjoy it! :wink:
Current

Incoming

gangbyeon

by gangbyeon

Amazing bike and amazing configuration!
Painting of STINNER is beautiful!

Multebear

by Multebear

Bely wrote:@Multebear - hope you enjoy it! :wink:

Not really. The frames are exciting. But the builds don't add anything to the board. Stock components only. No real attempt to shave off weight except expensive parts. I miss some kind of tuning. And for me it doesn't really make sense to own 5 almost identical bikes, that almost don't get ridden. Looks more like likehunting to me, especially because all of the bikes already have a topic of their own. Why start a new topic with all of them together? That really doesn't add anything new.

Bely

by Bely

yeah I guess they are stock parts but I don't intend to drill holes or tune something that's already light enough, new, works perfectly and well like you said cost a pretty penny. Would you buy a new Ferrari and screw with the engine on your own?

They are only identical groupset wise - however I guess you could say they are identical as they are all Road Bicycles. Apparently, no difference in the metals, build quality or ride quality of Titanium & Steel & carbon & "Carbon & Steel". :noidea:

If only the world wide web or life in general keeps presenting us with refreshingly new things and nothing repetitive or downers. Just like waking up for work or riding the SAME bicycle everyday for the rest of your life - wouldn't that be nice! :lol:

I am sorry for the expensive parts and the inability to excite you! but honestly - I get equally excited by the Giant TCR advanced done well! but to each his own!

you are right with one thing though buddy - they don't get ridden enough...but what is enough? 1000km - 2000km a week? please quantify? I think if one spends their hard earned dosh on something they like, riding it enough is up to me isn't it? If I buy a 100k watch, don't use it daily and wear it only on special occasions is that enough?

The thread to bring them altogether kind of helps me in a way - for eg. after lining them up, taking a photo and posting it, it is now evident that I have too many black bicycles!

TIME TO ADD MORE COLOR! :beerchug:
Current

Incoming

AZR3

by AZR3

I would just like to offer up my services if you need help putting miles on them to get some people off your back :thumbup:

Bely

by Bely

Hahaha true that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current

Incoming

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Well said Bely!!

impgb270

by impgb270

Where's the Field ? I've placed a deposit down on one with expected delivery around June 2017, hope it's worth the wait and cost ?

rekhyt

by rekhyt

Will the Festka come in one of their crazy multicolored paintjobs?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bely

by Bely

@impgb270 - sadly I had to make space for incoming argonaut - you won't be disappointed with the Field - don't worry. I sold the Field to someone who's taking real good care of her and making me want another one again! (But maybe in stainless?)

@rekhyt yes the festka will come in crazy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current

Incoming