Bh ultralight evo sram red etap new pics & updates page 3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

beanbiken

by beanbiken

bmCube wrote:xentis wheels are by far my best wheels I've owned: stiff, but comfortable. They are also very durable: in 3 years I didn't had to service or true them once..... Body is getting at the end of his life (cassette eating in the body), but with the sram red an edco cassette, that isn't a problem

:thumbup: thank you
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

Nice BH! I've got my eTap kit coming next week and I just got my Xentis 2.5s last week. What are you running for brake pads? I'm using SwissStop Black Primce and the braking is really good but it seems that my pads are being eaten up pretty quickly, I've heard that is to be expected when the wheels are new, just curious if you noticed the same and if so how long it lasted?

bmCube

by bmCube

I first used cork, but wasn't really happy with them, then swisstop yellows, but performance was really bad with these! Then I used the reynolds cyro blues. I was happy with these, but found similar brake pads on wiggle for way less. I Thought to give them a try and I have to say, they even perform much better then the reynolds. The lifeline pads give very good modulation and very much power, even in wet conditions. And at 3.36 euro for a pair, they can't be beaten....

AZR3

by AZR3

Nice, thanks for the reply. I'll have to look for a set after my black prince pads need changing

ferrarista

by ferrarista

How do you like the fabric bottles?
██

bmCube

by bmCube

Fabric bottles looks very clean on the frame. In the beginning they are a little hard to dismount, but that "softens" after a time. Mounting is easy. So I'm happy with them. Only thing I have nowis that one of my bottles start to rattle (a lot!!). Have send an email to the distributor some days ago, still got no answer...
I hope my other bottle don't start to rattle also...

ferrarista

by ferrarista

I was worried that would happen after a while. I still want to try some. They are not expensive.
██

bmCube

by bmCube

some updates: changed my saddle to san marco aspide carbon fx (10 grams less than slr carbonio), but planning to put my speedneedle back on it after I have a new padding for it.
New brake: eebrakes (had a very good deal on these brakes, couldn't resist)
New cables: jagwire elite link
new pedals: mavic zxellium pro sl ti
other wheels: dt swiss rrc680r rims laced to soul kozak hubs with dt aerolite spokes. These hubs are LOOOOUUUUD!!!
weight now is 5.885 kg
I could go lighter with other skewers that I have, but will keep these.
Only thing I plan to do is new chainrings: extralite octaramp, the speedneedle and maybe sand my cranks down.

some photo's:

pmprego

by pmprego

What is the maximum Tyre clearance on this bh?

Riken

by Riken

IMG_3192.JPG
wpccrunner wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:01 pm
very nice! love my ultralight
I wouldn't say I love my ultralight, but I did 'like' it until this...
First I thought the bearing cup was loose inside the frame, except it didn't fall out upon dissasembly. Yet it was still tight to press out. Then I saw the frame center wasn't attached at all. Only the right side is holding the crank. I've been emailing BH directly and the store I bought it from, but I'm at a standstill...BH will only deal with the origional dealer, but the dealer hasn't recieved any direction. So I'm still riding this frame almost everyday, still making noise and I don't know how much longer this will last. I don't want to fix it myself incase BH want's it back or if they have a preferred carbon repair place.

Sorry for venting on this forum but I just wanted let people know I'm not impressed with there customer service.
I think it's a 2012 frame....it's the one with the horrible external cables on the downtube and a hole in the frame in front of the rear tire to let all the crap inside the frame (unless it's only ridden in dry cimates without grit).