What is brighter than the sun and faster than the light?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I've read you have overshift issues with sram etap.
I had the same but thought it was caused by the combination of Q ring and Rotor 3d+ crank.
So maybe with the q rings and a Sram Red crank it would be better?
But you have the same problems?
Of did you solve them?

jdc5r

by jdc5r

I actually never had overshift issues on my old setup. The overshift issues started with this grouppo.

I am sure it has something to do with either 1. Not perfect setting of FD 2. Oval rings 3. Combo of both.

Will diagnose later and try and adjust FD.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

To me it looks SOOOOO much better with the SRAM crank, now it's perfect!

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

jdc5r wrote:I actually never had overshift issues on my old setup. The overshift issues started with this grouppo.

I am sure it has something to do with either 1. Not perfect setting of FD 2. Oval rings 3. Combo of both.

Will diagnose later and try and adjust FD.

Yup, the Etap FD is a bit funky especially with those two plastic shims that you have to screw on in order to get the FD more outbound.. I had to constantly remove and readjust the FD just to get it to sit right without having to massively adjust either of the in/outboard screws. Nice job on the cranks..Those chainrings really standout on that bike especially against a frame that looks like radiated orange juice! Quit posting updated pics because you're only giving me M9 envy again.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jdc5r

by jdc5r

AZR3 wrote:To me it looks SOOOOO much better with the SRAM crank, now it's perfect!

I think the black colour did it. :thumbup:

jimaizumi wrote:Yup, the Etap FD is a bit funky especially with those two plastic shims that you have to screw on in order to get the FD more outbound.. I had to constantly remove and readjust the FD just to get it to sit right without having to massively adjust either of the in/outboard screws. Nice job on the cranks..Those chainrings really standout on that bike especially against a frame that looks like radiated orange juice! Quit posting updated pics because you're only giving me M9 envy again.

Now you mention it. Not the best system for having something support the FD for sure. Not sure why they couldn't do away with a simple bolt? Pretty finicky to adjust for me and impossible to adjust without taking the rear wheel off and i imagine a different situation for every frame out there. One of Sram's idiosyncrasies. Another are the different bolt sizing for the FD and RD mounts. Tiny things but on shimano, they are the same bolt size.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

So a couple month on the new setup, i am pretty happy with it all. Right after changing my setup i felt pretty strong. I think maybe the biggest change is the fact that compact gearing is the better gearing for the power i put out and really allows me to spin properly on any decent climbs rather than grinding.

Not sure if the qrings factored into much of that "strong" feeling but instead of trying to drill down to what parts did what, i am just happy that the setup works for me.

Changed the BB to HSC ceramics and it was all good but starting to creak. Time to take out the crankset and clean relube everything.

Cassette and chain has about 8000km's on it so i think an overhaul on that is coming next. Do any of you guys know what the service intervals on the zipp nsw wheels are like? When do i need to take the freehubs apart and relube and regrease the bearings?

danbjpa

by danbjpa

The black highlighted the frame perfectly! a night picture the frame should look floating.
But, this socks collection!!! Which brand is of the left and the full color waves socks?

jasonh

by jasonh

Unreal. Simply perfect in every way. I haven't been interested in any Trek since my 1997 OCLV-5500 I bought as a frameset the of the Festina scandal!
awesome job man!

bruno2000

by bruno2000

jdc5r wrote:So a couple month on the new setup, i am pretty happy with it all. Right after changing my setup i felt pretty strong. I think maybe the biggest change is the fact that compact gearing is the better gearing for the power i put out and really allows me to spin properly on any decent climbs rather than grinding.

Not sure if the qrings factored into much of that "strong" feeling but instead of trying to drill down to what parts did what, i am just happy that the setup works for me.

Changed the BB to HSC ceramics and it was all good but starting to creak. Time to take out the crankset and clean relube everything.

Cassette and chain has about 8000km's on it so i think an overhaul on that is coming next. Do any of you guys know what the service intervals on the zipp nsw wheels are like? When do i need to take the freehubs apart and relube and regrease the bearings?

How is the FD going?
How did you adjust the height?
There is the line on the front derailleur where you should adjust the tooth of the chainring.
Where did you adjust the highest tooth of the q-ring on the line?

jdc5r

by jdc5r

danbjpa wrote:The black highlighted the frame perfectly! a night picture the frame should look floating.
But, this socks collection!!! Which brand is of the left and the full color waves socks?

Good question, i dont actually know but can find out next time i am there. This is at a local shop i hang out.

bruno2000 wrote:How is the FD going?
How did you adjust the height?
There is the line on the front derailleur where you should adjust the tooth of the chainring.
Where did you adjust the highest tooth of the q-ring on the line?

Yup, it is pretty much fine now. Needed some fine adjustments. In terms of aligning the FD, i just followed the SRAM instructions exactly.

hugosalves

by hugosalves

jdc5r wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:20 am
Joy's of early adoption. Yesterday i started converting my bike to ETAP.

The DI2 pulled out fairly easily. The M9 frame makes it super simple to work with cabling wise and even though i was expecting the cables to get stuck within the handlebars it all came out super simple. I left the brake cable outer inside the frame and just fed a new brake cable inner through it. It was all too easy. Trek, thank you for running full length brake cable outers within the frame. Smartest decision ever. So within 15-20 minutes i had the DI2 out and new brake inner cables fed through the frame all ready to go. Not as daunting as you would think to work on the frame.

Where the trouble started (and there are always some sort of trouble) is in the new crank setup. If you are are using a new gen Quarq Dzero crankset and are installing rotor Qarbon rings, know that you will run into some issues. My setup is the compact 110bcd setup but it was clear that you couldnt slide the chainring over the crank arm and seat the chainring normally. You have to removal the spider off the quarq crankset and install the chainrings that way. Of course i stripped one of those bolt. Further to this, there seems to be a slight bump near the battery compartment on the Dzero which interferes with chainrings like the Qarbon. This might be just the compact 110bcd setup but there was no way to mount the chainring on without some slight bit of dremel work. Be warned if you decide to run this setup. Any of the other chainrings will work fine such as absolute black or sram's own red specific chainrings and for those you dont need to remove the spider too.

Etap groupset seems cool. A lot of little details which i like. Ceramic pulley wheels, titanium hardware throughout and some idiosyncrasies such as different sized bolts used for FD and RD mount. Ergo seem's good. Reach has option for super close which is great for people with smaller hands. The hoods feel a little fatter though.

Good afternoon friend;

I'm Brazilian, I'm with the same equipment as yours, Quarz Dzero and Rotor Qarbon chainrings, would you have photos of the adaptation made on chainrings?

Extremely grateful
Hugo

subten

by subten

This damn bike is drop dead gorgeous!