Cryptic cycles

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Nefarious86 wrote:Could you build a head hube out of it to bond to the down tube? Should create something ridiculously stiff :)

Ya I mean the whole front end could be done pretty easy with it. That's what I'm working into. It's all a balance between getting customer stuff done and still having time to develop new things. Being a one man show can be tough in that way.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Here is a few pics from making a top tube. I partner with a company and have full access to their facility and tooling. A few things include a clean room, plotter, 5 axis cnc router, and autoclave. A video is coming out soon showing the process here.

ImageUntitled by kevosinn, on Flickr

Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

C36

by C36

kevosinn wrote:Thanks for the kind words everyone! You can check out the artist at https://giant.studio

I'm not sure exactly what caused them to stop making the honeycomb bikes but I will say that it is much more work, cost 2-3 times as much in material and I can see them having some impact resistance problems with the way they were making it. With only 1-2 layers of woven as the outer skin it wouldn't take much to puncture it. I'm using a very light weight 80 gsm uni that allows me to work in the different fiber angles needed to balance bending, torsional and impact loads a down tube may experience without adding too much weight. This fabric is half the weight of a standard uni allowing twice the amount of layers in the same weight. Once again that makes it much more labor intensive because you have to cut and lay up double the material but it results in a better product.

Thanks for the answer. You mention down or top tube as the main applications. Do you see stem or bars being done with honeycomb sandwich? (I tried hard but never manager to see the frm black hole stem, unsure of construction).

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Here is a short film diving into what makes Cryptic unique. This was over a year in the making and i'm excited to finally share it!

https://vimeo.com/230291708

Edit- Trying to get it embedded but wont work. Follow the link above.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I really enjoyed the video. It was cool to see you sprinting on that bike. What road did you shoot that video on?
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

godzuki26 wrote:I really enjoyed the video. It was cool to see you sprinting on that bike. What road did you shoot that video on?

Thanks! It was a road out by palm springs that we found. Those are the mountains where the tram goes up in the background.

Johnny Rad wrote:Hope to sign me up for a custom build one day... with integrated bar/stem and seatpost/saddle. Oh, yeah!

Lets do it!

Stocked up on material!

ImageUntitled by kevosinn, on FlickrLaying up

valve covers for a GT3 spec viper race car. very complicated 4 piece mold to make this part.

ImageUntitled by kevosinn, on FlickrCarbon

tooling mold to make carbon Y pipes.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Just finished another bike up for a local customer. This one has a special paint called "Hypershift". It completely changes through six different colors. It really is something you need to see in person as its almost impossible to capture in pictures. The handlebar and seat post were also color matched and the logos throughout are all showing gloss carbon.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

:( Di2 wire making me a saddboi. Try and drill it next to the brake cable entry next time. You'll have to drill the HT to get that routed though (obviously).

maxle

by maxle

Brilliant paintjob and a amazing video. But it's a kind of a pretty hard listening comprehension for foreign guys!
You only own a bike when you've violated every single term of guarantee.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

and that is a gorgeous paintjob! Thanks for sharing your work
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Gravel/road disc is now ready! As always everything is made in house. The paint on this is Kandy tangerine with gold leaf logos.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

That's a beautifully crafted frame! Those lines are to die for.

Mep

by Mep

Kudos. That orange frame looks like a really high end dessert.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Wonderful video and the gravel build looks sharp.
Just ride ..