2016 scott adictt 10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

ophiravina

by ophiravina

So after a year on my s-works tarmac I decided that I want to change my bike for the next racing season. Mainly becouse I wanted to move to 11 speed drivetrain in order to have an easier accses to spare wheels at races. In addition, I wanted a lighter\more aero frame. I think that the tarmac is a very nice bike but it is not as light as other frames in the market and not as aero as aero frames that weight the same as the tarmac. You can see at my post about my tarmac from last year that the frameset weight is pretty high for a climbing bike.
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128782

What I liked about the adictt is that the frameset weight just 860/360g acorrding to their website and the bike still perform better than a lot of aero bikes in the wind tunnel:
http://d112e54l47d6r7.cloudfront.net/en ... .undefined

When choosing the specs for my new bike I wasn't very creative :oops: . I just ended the 2015 racing season and I will start racing again only at the middle of january. until then I will do a lot of long training rides and training camps, the bike will see a lot of use before the start of the season so I want it to be durable and I want to have fun on the bike :wink:
for now the specs are:
Frame: 2016 scott Addict HMF frame size 56
Fork: 2016 scott Addict HMF
Headset: Ritchey PRO Integrated
Bar: Ritchey WCS Logic Curve alloy white 40mm (240 gram)
Stem: Ritchey WCS 4 Axis alloy white 120mm (126 gram)
Seatpost: Syncros Carbon FL1.0 (200 gram)
Seat: specialized phenom comp (240 gram) - temporary
Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace FD-9000
F. Derailleur:Shimano Dura-Ace FD-9000
R. Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace FD-9000
Brakes: kcnc c7 (185 gram)
Chain: Shimano Ultegra 6800
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-6800 11-28 T
Crankset: shimano 7800 175 mm (680 gram) - temporary
BB: Ultegra SM-BB72-41
training wheelset:
rear: bontrager rxl rim laced to a powertap sl+ hub
front: old campagnolo vento g3 wheel
Bottle Cages: specialized rib cages (36 gram each)
pedals: shimano pd5800 carbon pedals

I will do some changes to the bike in the near future as I try to lighten it up and make it better. the bike wont look as hidius as it is now with the old crankset and white stem, this components are necessary for me at the moment becouse of their size.
The 7800 dura ace crankset is 175mm in contrast to the 9000 dura ace crankset that came with the frame which is 172.5mm (too short for me) . I will find a better 175mm crankset soon.
The wcs stem is 120mm and is light so it perform well for me, I will buy a black one when a good deal will pops out.
Before January I will buy a new racing wheelset or convert my good and faith full matrix tx50 wheels to 11 speed.

The bike weight 7.3 kg with barfly garmin mount and my heavy training wheels but without pedals and bottle cages:

I'm very happy with this bike. The front end of the bike is stiffer than on the tarmac and it inspires me conffidence in fast turns and on downhill sections. I feel a lot faster when I ride this bike down a mountain than I ever felt on any other bike before. I'm in love with the way the bike feels in fast turns. in addition, the color of the frame is amazing in person, the photos cant do it justice. :-D :thumbup:
2016 scott adictt 10:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135903
2015 sworks tarmac :
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128782

by Weenie

kgt

by kgt

White stem-handlebars do not look great IMHO.

mgoles

by mgoles

yep, it really hurts to look at it... :shock:

drchull

by drchull

Wow that looks like a great place to ride. Good choice of bike for the terrain. Looks like fun.

ophiravina

by ophiravina

thank you drchull, it is very fun to ride up and down this city :-)

kgt and mgoles, I already said in my original post that the white stem is an abomination with the flou yellow\black frame :wink: (-;
I have a friend that promised me a 3T ARX black stem so the color match wouldn't be a problem any more.
I'm less worried about the bars becouse I love weight and shape of the drops. I think that once I change the stem, the white color of the bar wil be less noticeable
2016 scott adictt 10:
2015 sworks tarmac :

ophiravina

by ophiravina

you won :beerchug:
2016 scott adictt 10:
2015 sworks tarmac :

ophiravina

by ophiravina

yesterday I cutted the steerer tube and changed the wheels, crankset and saddle. It made the bike look better and weight less without compromising on comfort and performance :D

now the bike weight 7.41 kg with bottle cages, pedals and power meter:

and looks awesome:

the fork weight 320 grams if anyone asks :smartass: :
2016 scott adictt 10:
2015 sworks tarmac :

Krull

by Krull

wow, bike looks fantastic, light and fast.very clean build!
new addict-frame not only lighter than the s-works-tarmac, although aesthetically i find it much nicer.
which crankset is this? i assume recognizing a quarq-powermeter.
sorry vor mai bed englisch!

ophiravina

by ophiravina

Krull wrote:wow, bike looks fantastic, light and fast.very clean build!
new addict-frame not only lighter than the s-works-tarmac, although aesthetically i find it much nicer.
which crankset is this? i assume recognizing a quarq-powermeter.

thank you, this is a Sram Quarq S975 crankset.
I just found out that there is a 150 gram diffrence in weight between the tires that I weighted the s-works with and the tires I weighted the scott with. so the weight is not really comparable. the scott addict were weighted with Schwalbe Lugano 25C Wired Tyre that weight 350 gram each. If I will race with the clinchers I will install bontrager r3 tires and the bike will weight 7.1 kg :twisted:
anyway, I will probably get some tubulars for racing :D
2016 scott adictt 10:
2015 sworks tarmac :

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Looks very nice.

joongsun

by joongsun

white handlebar......:(

mts595

by mts595

Have you considered gold handlebars instead?

http://www.schmolke-carbon.de/carbon/ca ... eries.php#

Joking aside, I think the white looks okay. Just do what Wiggo does and wrap the bar tape all the way to the stem if it bothers you

ophiravina

by ophiravina

a little update, I am not happy with the quarq I have so I went back to my powertap rear wheel and bought a sram red crankset with q-rings. I also bought a fizik antares carbon saddle and bontrager xxx bottle cages which looks a lot better than the specialized cages that I had.

during a training session:

during a triathlon race (this is my first ever tri but I only did it to spice up the off-season, I'm usually a road racer :D ):

of course that when the racing season starts I will ride both of my carbon wheels and drop the saddle bag, it wasn't an importent race for me and I preferd having a spare inner tube and a co2. I also wanted to have the power tap, both for pacing and in order to use the power file on training peaks
2016 scott adictt 10:
2015 sworks tarmac :

terrible1

by terrible1

From one Addict owner to another - beautiful bike!

That original Syncros saddle looks fantastic - I picked one up in a shop and thought its cybernetic looks were stunning, but was uncertain how comfortable it would be. Did you replace it due to this element lacking, or another reason?

I like what they have done with the paintwork through the years, certainly more subdued and in this achieving a clear confidence in the performance of the bike amidst its peers.

This is right up there with the black/red outline model as my favourite Addict paint jobs.

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

ophiravina wrote:a little update, I am not happy with the quarq I have so I went back to my powertap rear wheel

Why didn't you like the Quarq?
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

by Weenie