2015 Felt AR1 Build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mts595

by mts595

+2 the addition of deep dish wheels such as the new Zipp 808 nsw's... you get all the aero benefits but most of all ... Super-cool freewheeling sound effects 8)

Felt makes a great bike, I think the carbon layup makes sense since they are essentially making thinner and hardy tubes but they are using less plastics between fibers. Not an engineer but I suppose it makes sense and looks good imo. Here's a link that shows the layup: http://www.unmannedsystemstechnology.co ... gular-tow/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

newforker

by newforker

With aero rings and carbon wheels as requested..

Weighs in at about 15.75 lbs with chinese ti-Tune copy skewers..With praxis rings (about 100g lighter than VISION) and S works power saddle (120 g lighter than Romin EVO and on order) would be looking at around ~15.2..

There is also a Fouriers RD cage that will be thrown on at some point..

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Curious as to why you've sprung for fairly trivial efficiency items (e.g. aero chainring & cage) while keeping the standard round bar, just prefer the shape that much more?

newforker

by newforker

Aesthetics on both counts to be honest..like the look of the solid rings and find most "aero" bars quite ugly i.e Aeronova, Cervelo, etc..

Although I have been considering the Aerofly and the EC 90 Aero...or Vibe 7 carbon for the added stiffness

bencolem

by bencolem

I've got the enve smart bars on my Nitrogen and couldn't recommend them highly enough. Comfortable but I simply can't flex them when hammering on the drops, they're amazing. Great looking bike and a great weight, I'm impressed how much lighter it is than my aero bike.

newforker

by newforker

Last edited by newforker on Mon May 16, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

newforker

by newforker

new deda superzero bar and stem and s works power saddle..7.15 kg..

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

Incredible.

peted76

by peted76

Looks mean and surprisingly, the s works saddle seems to suit a bike! Very nice bike.