My Dream Evo Hi-Mod - Update 9-14-2018

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Thank you for the kind words.

I use a gold KMC SLX11 chain with shimano Durace cassette. Smooth and more quiet than a sram cassette.

powdablu

by powdablu

Thanks for the info and the quick reply!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

How many miles do you have on this bad boy YTD

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Was cleaning my bike last weekand the light caught it just right where I saw these streaks on my wheels. Tried to clean it off but nothing penetrated through it. I felt it with my finger and there didn't seem to be a residue. Contacted Enve and they gave me some things to try with Acetone and Alcohol. Said their rims were safe to use these two solutions. I went out and gave it a GOOD scrub down. Still nothing worked. Within 5-10 minutes their found my registration in the system and sent me a prepaid shipping label to send them in and they would replace them based on a visual defect in the carbon. Fantastic customer service. In fact it might be the best I have ever had! So I sent them off and put on my Spare Hi-Fi aluminium wheels to keep me spinning while they were fixing my Enve's. 2 days later they reached out to me to tell me they had received my wheels and were able to use some solutions in house along with acetone and alcohol to get it off my rim. I was a bit confused since I knew that I had given them a good scrub down and I couldn't get any progress with it. Sent them some photos that I had taken and asked them to confirm that they were seeing what I was seeing. They confirmed that they solved the issue, placed new stickers on the rims for me and are sending them back at no charge. Still great to know that its taken care of, got some fresh decals at no fee to me, but if I open the box and find that the markings are still there, I'm not going to be happy!

For the meant time, I had to take a photo of how she sits with my standard wheels. Also using a longer stem these days. love how it looks and I'm able to do so without effecting performance and comfort.

micropox

by micropox

Hi Bianchi10,

May i ask. What computer mount are you using? very neat.

kayjay

by kayjay

Bianchi10 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:14 am
UPDATE 11-5-15

Got new seat post. The ritchey superlogic was my intention, but the 25mm setback was too much. I needed more than a zero offset and in my research, I came across a Deda Superleggero RS seatpost with 12mm offset.

Out of the Box it came in at 178g. About what I was expecting. I cut off 90mm and sanded it down to get rid of the decals. I thought I read that acetone would work, but it didn't for me. I may get some yokes and Ti bolts, but I have stripped or snapped Ti bolts in the past and dont really want to mess with that again. I'm in no rush.

142.6g
Love your supersix! In the middle of building a custom Caad12 for myself. One question, did you clearcoat the seatpost after you sanded it or do you use it raw?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

kayjay wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:52 pm
Bianchi10 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:14 am
UPDATE 11-5-15

Got new seat post. The ritchey superlogic was my intention, but the 25mm setback was too much. I needed more than a zero offset and in my research, I came across a Deda Superleggero RS seatpost with 12mm offset.

Out of the Box it came in at 178g. About what I was expecting. I cut off 90mm and sanded it down to get rid of the decals. I thought I read that acetone would work, but it didn't for me. I may get some yokes and Ti bolts, but I have stripped or snapped Ti bolts in the past and dont really want to mess with that again. I'm in no rush.

142.6g
Love your supersix! In the middle of building a custom Caad12 for myself. One question, did you clearcoat the seatpost after you sanded it or do you use it raw?

Nope, just kept it raw. No issues

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

micropox wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:21 am
Hi Bianchi10,

May i ask. What computer mount are you using? very neat.
Thanks, Its a mount from Fetha custom mounts in Australia. Great guys and the products are top notch.

kayjay

by kayjay

Thanks! I clear coated mine it came out looking very similar to the finish on the Fizik bars. Great improvement from the original greenish look. Just finished my Caad12 build and I’m quite satisfied with the result.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Swapped out the gumwalls for the all black Vittoria Corssa (NOT the athracite). I LOVE the gumwalls, but I gotta say that I have a new found love for my bike now. Changes the entire look of it.

coriordan

by coriordan

Need to turn your rollers around ;)

bilwit

by bilwit

all sealth + gumwall corsas is the best look IMO, gotta have some contrast

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

coriordan wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:27 pm
Need to turn your rollers around ;)
It was a post specifically for Biehler cycling, so I had to show the branding on the leg :wink:

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

bilwit wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:01 pm
all sealth + gumwall corsas is the best look IMO, gotta have some contrast
I hear ya. I ran the gumwalls since I have had this frame. I love the look, but this has been a nice change. I feel like I have fallen in love with my bike all over again because it looks like an entirely new bike with the all black tires to me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com