BMC timemachine TMR01 - Aero Experiment - 6.94 kg / 15.3 lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

KarlC
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

Need to update all my photos (below is current) and weights......


Image20171021_114920_HDR by Karl Crooks, on Flickr



Just started bike riding a few months back with a used Scott CR1. Just came across a deal I could not pass up so here is my new ride.

As I got her, crappy seller photo

After swapping over a few parts

A few more changes ......


UPDATED BELOW as of 3/17

Frame - BMC TRM01 p2p x subA - 56
Fork - BMC Aero integrated subA
Headset / Cap / Bolt - BMC
Seatpost - BMC Aero Carbon Road
Saddle - Williams Aurora SLC - 134g
Front Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra Di2 6770
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra Di2 6770
Crankset - Shimano Ultegra 6700-G - 50/34
Pedals - Speedplay X Titanium pedals - 151g
Bottom Bracket -Shimano Press fit BB86
Brake Calipers- BMC integrated road design
Shifter / Brake Levers -Shimano Ultegra Di2 6770
Handlebars - Aero Bars - 235g
Stem - UNO TI bolts 100 -17d - 95g
Cassette - Dura Ace 11-30 - 192g
Chain - Shimano Ultegra 6700
Wheels - Reynolds 58 / 72 Aero Tubular 1298g
Skewers - 19g each
Tires - Vittoria Corsa Evo CX 25mm - 248g
Cages - 5g each

Total weight with cages and pedals - 6.94 kg / 15.3 lbs
Last edited by KarlC on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 16 times in total.

NilesCrane
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:01 pm
Location: Uppsala

by NilesCrane

Wow, now I'm jealous! Never seen that paint scheme before - looks stunning!

by Weenie


JasperGr
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:06 am

by JasperGr

I really like those timemachines! Have fun with it!

burglarboycie
Posts: 814
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 pm
Location: Northamptonshire UK

by burglarboycie

The BMC frame design doesn't really do it for me but this looks great. Best colour scheme I've seen on one yet.

User avatar
kgt
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Athens, Greece

by kgt

Very nice.
OTOH the super aero look would justify a standard crankset.

stuka666
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:28 pm
Location: portugal

by stuka666

You want all the weight on the drive side? Could swap the skewers to the other side :p

User avatar
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: around Paris

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Do some posterior chain stretching so you can slam that stem please 8)

zzmkdw
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:52 pm

by zzmkdw

Looks great. Love the improvements you made.

I looked really hard at the TimeMachine before buying my TeamMachine. In the end, the terrible road conditions where i live just made the TeamMachine more livable.

KarlC
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

NilesCrane wrote:Wow, now I'm jealous! Never seen that paint scheme before - looks stunning!

JasperGr wrote:I really like those timemachines! Have fun with it!

burglarboycie wrote:The BMC frame design doesn't really do it for me but this looks great. Best colour scheme I've seen on one yet.

kgt wrote:Very nice.
OTOH the super aero look would justify a standard crankset.


Thanks guys, I'm enjoying it so far.

stuka666 wrote:You want all the weight on the drive side? Could swap the skewers to the other side :p

Cant make much different as light as they are, but it may clean up the look a bit. I will try it. thx

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Do some posterior chain stretching so you can slam that stem please 8)

Working on it, I set it up as my last bike was, will drop it as I can. Thx

zzmkdw wrote:Looks great. Love the improvements you made.
I looked really hard at the TimeMachine before buying my TeamMachine. In the end, the terrible road conditions where i live just made the TeamMachine more livable.


Thanks ! The roads around hear can be bad also, but the TMR01 is way smother that my old CR1 so I'm loving it.

KarlC
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

Any thoughts on reducing the weight or other improvements without breaking the bank ?

ross
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:59 am
Location: Oxfordshire UK

by ross

Put that rear der out of its misery and fit a few more links in the chain 8)

User avatar
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: around Paris

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

ross wrote:Put that rear der out of its misery and fit a few more links in the chain 8)


The chain length looks perfectly fine on the first picture. Big ring - small sprocket with the jockeys vertically aligned.

Second pic is normal with the fashion large cassette.

rheosibal
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 pm
Location: LA

by rheosibal

Is it too big? Also, -6 stem with less stack may look better.

MiloAS
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:00 pm

by MiloAS

rheosibal wrote:Is it too big? Also, -6 stem with less stack may look better.


This. Also, quick release on wrong side. Other than that v. nice :)

by Weenie


KarlC
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

What makes you guys think it might be to big ?

Any thoughts on reducing the weigh ?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post