AX Lightness Vial Evo (4980g)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

KCookie wrote:How have the Fibre Lyte chainrings been. Have you had any problems. ? How many miles have you ridden on them.?
Cheers

I've had 4 sets of FibreLyte rings on 3 different bikes -- all with Clavicula cranks and Campy FD. Not quite as smooth and precise shifting as Praxis but good enough given the weight savings IMO. I have about 3k miles on one of my sets -- no signs of wear.

idinfo68

by idinfo68

Hello,

I use new Carbon-Ti Rings, very good shifting and stiffness...
http://www.carbon-ti.com/products/chainrings/x-ring-road-al-carbon/x-ring-al-ca-evo-50-x-110

Website from my Ax-Lightness EVO 4.89 kgs
http://baron-noir.jimdo.com/ax-lightness-vial-evo-d-2016/

KCookie

by KCookie

audiophilitis wrote:
KCookie wrote:How have the Fibre Lyte chainrings been. Have you had any problems. ? How many miles have you ridden on them.?
Cheers

I've had 4 sets of FibreLyte rings on 3 different bikes -- all with Clavicula cranks and Campy FD. Not quite as smooth and precise shifting as Praxis but good enough given the weight savings IMO. I have about 3k miles on one of my sets -- no signs of wear.

Thanks for the reply, gives me a little more confidence about using them. They will be going on my new Urgestalt this week.
Cheers

jvanv8

by jvanv8

I used the Fibre-Lyte for, perhaps 4 or 5 months on the original install. The 53T did well up until the end when it really started to wear significantly but at that time it was already winter. The 39T shows almost no signs of wear - perhaps because of the flat area I now spend the majority of my cycling time.
Not sure exactly, but 4000km sounds about right.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

How well do the fibre Lyte chain rings shift under mild power?