Cervelo S5 - Canadian / Italian love child

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jvanv8

by jvanv8

I'm picturing you on this steed and a black kit with subtle red, white, and blue highlights. Total perfection.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Long over due, but finally finished (short of the bars, but there's a story behind that)!

just need to find a scale to weigh it .... or buy one. Can't wait to ride it in a few days!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nd2rc

by nd2rc

So the story on the bars. I wanted, and ordered, 3T Aerotundo Team Stealth 42cm bars. I received, from PBK in the UK, 3T Aeronova LTD Stealth 42cm. I have the Ergonova's on the bike, the stock handlebars Cervelo spec'd at the time, and I've always hated the way too tight curve of compact bars. Although, I've never used bars with a traditional curve in the drops, so maybe I'm thinking into this too much?

PBK said sorry about the mishap and told me I can keep the bars or they can arrange to have them returned, but they are out of stock on the Aerotundo's sooo... I decided to keep them. Still haven't mounted them and I'm leaning towards hawking them for a set of bars with the traditional curve, the Aerotundo's. Anyone tried them? Thoughts?

They look bitch'n, but that compact curve!

jorisee01

by jorisee01

I love my aeronovas. Routing cables is a PITA but they ride nice. Drop and reach isn't that much as expected when you look at them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Olivv

by Olivv

nd2rc wrote:Hi guys, I've seen this forum for a long time and visited every so often, but I'm dig'n the feel here compared to others. People seem to be knowledgeable and courteous. Some amazing rides in here too!

Hope to learn a lot and contribute a little (sorry I don't have much to offer).

My name is Aaron Hunter from Spencer, IA and I ride a 2012 Cervelo S5. Anyone from Iowa?

Hi! Welcome to an another Cervelo rider :welcome:

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Juanmoretime wrote:I've been on the Aerotundo LTD's for three years now. Love them and the drop. I've been tempted to get the Aeronova's since they are a little lighter. The 180 grams that 3T claimed for the Aerotundo LTD is really 203 grams. I think I could be okay with the less reach and drop. The Aerotundo's felt weird at first but I got used to them.

Thanks for the feedback. I was able to swap them for a set of Aerotundo LTD's. Weight looks pretty close though ...

Aeronova LTD 42cm

Aerotundo LTD 42cm

For what it's worth, the Aerotundo's only have 3 tubes in them.

dtwolfen

by dtwolfen

Found your thread, have fun on the new bars and show us the new look when you get a chance.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Ordering a new cable set, anyone have any opinions; just stick with the Campy ErgoPower UltraShift, Campy housing with Jagwire Pro Polished Slick SS cables, Jagwire Elite Link, Yokozuna. I've already tried Alligator I-Links .... meh and the don't play nice with Campy shifters. Calling Calnago

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Stick with Campy Cables. Stay away from Yokozuna... super stiff, inflexible, won't fit in Ergopower levers, pain in the ass. Haven't tried Jaguars stuff. I really don't like internal routing of mechanical cables through bars but those will probably be ok so long as you can route both brake and derailleur housings through that opening on the top inside of the bars. Routing the derailleur cable from the levers over to the brake cable side is the only way I go these days... forget the alternate routing that creates a hard bend around the back right out of the shifter. If you choose that you will inevitably have a frayed cable similar to what Shimano levers due to cables... eat them up fast.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Port looks big enough, but I'll let you know how it goes once it get the cable set. Thanks for the advice!

kurisu

by kurisu

nd2rc wrote:Long over due, but finally finished (short of the bars, but there's a story behind that)!

just need to find a scale to weigh it .... or buy one. Can't wait to ride it in a few days!

Love a good S5. And Campy to top it off 8)
Have you had a chance to weigh the final build yet?
Litespeed T5 | No. 22 Great Divide | Ridley Helium SL | No. 22 Reactor

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Only took me long enough to load these pics....

nd2rc

by nd2rc

I'm thinking the 3T Integra stem might finish it off nicely, along with a saddle with a center cutout ... because numbness sucks. BTW, has anyone seen Bontrager now has a bare carbon saddle!