'13/'16 Supersix Evo Black-Inc (5.42kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nonamed

by nonamed

What are the real weights of Yours Mavic SLR wheels? Front & Rear (without tyres) ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 573

I can't remember. Next time I'm changing tyres I'll weigh them for you. :D

Alpine318is

by Alpine318is

You should try and look for the same frame color and size in the Hi Mod. Now that they are a couple year old I bet you could buy and sell your old one for not too much money on top.
2018 Specialized S-Works Tarmac
SRAM Etap
ENVE 4.5

2018 Bianchi Infinito CV
SRAM Etap
ENVE Classics 45

2016 Cervelo P2
Ultegra 6800 Di2
ENVE 6.7

by 573

As I have a few new parts incoming for the Evo, I thought I'd update on its current status.

Current weight is heavier than it has been due to it currently wearing the sturdy Mavic QRs which are heavy and because I swapped the BB over to that more substantial Wheels Manufacturing one. I now weighs in at a disappointing 6.13kg. So I've bought a few parts to rectify that and will update with those in the next few days.

In the meantime, I took some pictures after I'd cleaned it yesterday following my club ride. The finish of the bike is really fantastic. It's a 4 year old model and this year alone its done over 2,000 miles. Yet it cleans up to look like a new bike still.

I still need to strip the logos etc off the seatpost and my cables around the headtube are still untidy. Will sort them out.

evan326

by evan326

Love that color scheme

Delorre

by Delorre

573 wrote: The finish of the bike is really fantastic. It's a 4 year old model and this year alone its done over 2,000 miles. Yet it cleans up to look like a new bike still.

Very clean bike indeed, and good mix of some color. BUT, wow, the full 2000 miles this year, so something like 8.000 miles in total. Normal that it still looks almost new. 8.000 miles is not much if you are a little carefull with your gear. Even after almost 18.000 miles (in 2 'summer' seasons, I have had other bikes fo the 'winter' season), and 2 crashes, my Addict frameset still looks in perfect condition. But I have teammates who's bikes look ruined after 1 season of only a few thousand miles :shock: :evil:

ukracer

by ukracer

I have the same bike
What do you use to clean it ?
Mines going shiny in a few high rub areas

by 573

Generally I use car cleaning products. I'm a car geek really and spend too long being particular about cleaning my cars. Recently I've started using Mucoff although I'm not convinced by some of it. The 'Bike Protect' spray seems to do a good job of restoring the matte finish though.

Delorre wrote:
Very clean bike indeed, and good mix of some color. BUT, wow, the full 2000 miles this year, so something like 8.000 miles in total. Normal that it still looks almost new. 8.000 miles is not much if you are a little carefull with your gear.

Fair point. It'll clock 3k miles before the end of the year. You're right though, I currently have 7 bikes and this does only come out when the weather is good and really it's bad weather that ages bikes quickly in my experience.

by 573

I've been looking for some faster wheels for this. I wanted deeper and wider but without adding weight. I started to realise that to get what I wanted I'd probably have to go to tubulars. So today I picked up these Enve 4.5s on Chris King R45s. They're my first foray into tubulars and are currently fitted with Vittoria Corsa G+ tyres. I like tanwalls, but I don't think they suit this bike, it needs blackwalls on it to make sense of the rest of the colour-scheme.

Weight has crept up unfortunately, it's now 6.23kg, so these must be 100g more than my R-SYS SLR clinchers with the Veloflex Corsas and latex Vredestein tubes. I'm quite confident it'll soon be <6kg with the Enves on though once I've changed a few other things.

by 573

I took the pictures last night in very low light. I just took some better ones in daylight and the colours actually work better, with the tan-walls not looking so out of place IMO.

Weighed as it is in those pics, with lighter skewers, it's now 6.19kg

In the daylight I've also noticed how close the rear tyre is to the NDS chainstay. I haven't had chance to ride it properly yet, but just riding around outside my house in ordinary shoes, if I stand up and haul a big gear I think it's rubbing. Thoughts on this; will it just mark the paint or eat the frame? Anyone else have these 25mm Vittorias on an Evo? I'm wondering what tyre I should consider that will give me a tiny bit more clearance. I want to stay 25mm and want a blackwall.

hmai18

by hmai18

That's waaaaaay too close for comfort. If the tires pick up any grit, you're going to get paint damage at a minimum and some frame wear if you don't catch it in time.

Inflated tire size depends on the rim/tire combo you're using. You're probably going to have to size down to a 23 in the back if you plan on sticking with those ENVEs.

ukracer

by ukracer

Im currently running 25 mm front and 23 mm on the rear because of this (identical frame and size.)
Although got 28 's on my 58 Caad 10

by 573

Thoughts on tensioning the wheel differently to alter the dish? I have quite a bit of clearance the other side. Could I slacken the non-drive-side spokes and tighten the drive-side to move the rim over in relation to the hub? Or is it not that easy?

by 573

OK, measured the dish and it was out, set that properly and the wheel is now centralised in the frame, so that's a huge relief. Many thanks to MB Cyclery in Haslemere for sorting it out, the guys there are great. The rear tyre had to come off to access the nipples, so rather than put the tan-wall Vittoria on I'll fit something with a black wall instead. I just need to decide what now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 573

I decided on Continental Competitions. They weighed 283g each in size 25mm. They're just stretching on the wheels now, will remove them tomorrow and start to glue them. I think they look ace though.