'13/'16 Supersix Evo Black-Inc (5.42kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

by 573

Thanks all.
Gearjunkie wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:16 am
More than enough road rage from drivers around here without giving them any more excuses.
If anything it's had the opposite effect, I'm maybe imagining it but I seem to get slightly more room and have had less friction with drivers. I did the tape to match my Rapha climbing shoes, in pink and new graphics I put on my Kask lid. I have wondered if some drivers initially assume I'm female and are less aggresive towards me?

Quick shout out to the guy at Cyclestick too. He supplied the graphics for my lid to match the Rapha pink perfectly. The pic on his website is my photo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 573

I did request a matching saddle from Berk, but it didn't come to fruition. I may now request another padded Lupina with the painted bridge in the pink rather than the whole saddle in pink leather.

sib

by sib

This build has made me realize how important it is to have water bottles that match the build aesthetics!

Robbu

by Robbu

Love the attention to detail throughout this build on both bikes, hope that my Cannondale will look as good as this in the future! :D

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

CUAS Tuccano?

coriordan

by coriordan

Pink bar tape absolutely rocks. Pinker the better, perfect match to the shoes, maybe pink socks are OTT but its hard to go OTT on pink.

Really love this build.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

ghisallo2003 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:06 pm
CUAS Tuccano?
De Havilland Canada Chimpunk, ex of CUAS Im guessing.

by 573

I recently gave the Black Inc a bit of a tidy up. I swapped the Rapha tape for my usual perforated Deda in black. Whilst I loved the pink tape, it got dirty and needed cleaning constantly to not look grubby. I also wanted to try the bike in a more stealth-bomber mode.

I also fitted a more aesthetic Garmin mount than the Raceware one in the form of a JRC Components mount. The Raceware is really light 3D printed plastic and has been great but I've wanted to try a stem mounted one for a while, but struggled to find one compatible with the Kalloy Uno. The JRC is heavier and I'm not completely convinced by how far it sticks out, the angle it mounts the Garmin or how nicely it attaches to the stem. I'm going to mill down the spacers it came with to see if i can make it more how I want it to fit before I decide wheter to keep it permanantly or not. I'll post weights etc of it then.

Here are a few shots of some of the detail parts too.

I really should get the DSLR out and take some better pics than phone camera ones.

Peeza21

by Peeza21

That bar tape :lol:

Bike looks amazing!
Cannondale Systemsix Ultegra 2020 8)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160844

themidge

by themidge

Looks good :thumbup:
Can you post some close-ups of the JRC garmin mount? It's on my upgrade list, so it'd be nice to see it 'in real life' as it were, rather than in a product photo. Also, are the spacer's necessary, or could you get away without them on the Kalloy Uno?

by 573

Themidge, you asked so here you go. :D

The JRC weighed in at 37g which I was quite disappointed about. It also sat waaaaay too far out in front of the stem for my liking. So I decided to pop over to my friend's company to see if he could mill the spacers down.

The spacers are needed as the mounting surface of the JRC is completely flat and the spacers fit flush into the recesses where the M5 stem bolts would normally sit.

I calculated that I could take 7mm off, leaving 8mm of spacer giving 0.5mm clearance between the JRC and the Uno face plate. My friend modeled them in CAAD and sent the program to the mill.

With the spacers milled down and the heavy stainless cap heads swapped for shorter black Ti bolts the weight was dropped 6.7g.

I still think 30.3g for a Garmin mount is too high though. I was keen to get a stem mount as I prefer the central, symmetrical view at the bars. The Raceware mount I removed was only 14g though.

I think the JRC looks good though, especially with the very prominent logo blacked out, now that it's flush against the stem.

It's still quite long and 'out front' if you have a smaller bodied Garmin though.

I'm going to keep it on for now, but have been talking to a different supplier about a central, stem mount that should be lighter than the Raceware. I've kind of talked myself into going sub-5kg on this bike over the winter and small differences like the Garmin mount may be the difference between getting there or not.

by 573

I have been identifying components that are relatively heavy. I've decided the JRC Garmin mount has to go. It's a nice thing but it's just too heavy. I have a few plans in store for that one. It'll stay on the bike for now until it's replacement arrives, so it's carrying a +16g penalty over the Raceware.

My brakes are completely standard SRAM Red aerolinks. They're great, have really strong stopping power and superb modulation. For a brakeset from a standard manufacturer groupset I think they're still the lightest available too.

...but at 238g for the pair there are quite a few choices to lose 100g or so. I considered lots of different options, but eventually decided to give the Ciamillo Lekki8s a try. So I paid my money and ordered from Poland. Not least because I love the aesthetics of them.

I was a bit disapointed to see they came in over-weight. Considering how much Ciamillo have banged on about these being the lightest calipers ever and shown loads of scale shots I'm a bit miffed. Or maybe my scales are out... :roll: The Ciamillo website states "only 129 grams per set ...(68 grams front/ 61 grams rear)"

..not that 135g is heavy; but still.

I put a set of Enve specific pads in @20g

I think they look good on the bike and once set up seem to have ample stopping power and the modulation feels fine too. I'll report back further once I've ridden them more.

Another thing I indentified was the seatpost. I have used a 3T Dorico Ltd for years. It started off in the 180+ range. After cutting it down and sanding it I got it to 146g.

I spoke to Darimo in Spain and sent over required saddle rail height. From that we discussed ways to reduce the weight and he suggested a bespoke length, optimum clamping length and 3k weave. I requested the stealth graphics option. The service and speed of manufacture and delivery of a bespoke part blew me away. And then I received the post and saw the weight...

75.4g! For a set-back post. I am so pleased with that, I was hoping for something more in the 95g range at best. Fantastic to see a manufacturer who delivers on the weights they quote too.

I think it looks fantastic on the bike too. It really works well with my Berk Lupina.

Some updated full-rig pics:

...and a new weight of 5.52kg

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

“Proper” looking bike!

Peeza21

by Peeza21

Those brakes, that seatpost, all just too good!

Love the progress, looking forward to what’s coming!
Cannondale Systemsix Ultegra 2020 8)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160844

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rdast

by Rdast

Only 5.52 kilos and such a bike...
I really love it!