Colnago C59 TSMR

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

nismosr

by nismosr

kgt wrote:Classic wheels look great as well! You should try 25mm tubulars.

That Veloflex Roubaix is 24mm and has about 50miles on it.

by Weenie

nismosr

by nismosr

audiophilitis wrote:Looks good, Edwin.

Thanks Tim ..

since the Ambrosio got a flat tire - replace it with Campagnolo Hyperon, trying to dial in my position, move the saddle a bit forward and lower couple mm. Tough to fit a short leg and heavy guy on a traditional frame. wonder if a zero offset post looks good on a traditional frame.

nismosr

by nismosr

SR Dual Pivot Brakeset

Last edited by nismosr on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michel2

by michel2

I went out today on my 2009 colonago ep in sardine red. And thought to myself I can not think of another 08/09 carbon bike that would still make me as happy as this one.i hope you will get the same experience (;

Calnago

by Calnago

Looks great Edwin! Sorry to hear you're having such a time with punctured tubulars.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

nismosr

by nismosr

Calnago wrote:Looks great Edwin! Sorry to hear you're having such a time with punctured tubulars.

for the span of 2 weekend wasted 4 tires .. 2 new and 2 with 800miles on them ..

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

flatted the zipps already?

nismosr

by nismosr

audiophilitis wrote:flatted the zipps already?

Tim,
Zipp flatted 2x first on our way to Belmar that Conti Comp has about 800 miles , then put a brand new Conti Comp you were there on our 52mile ride and flatted that brand new Comp at mile 33. then the Veloflex Paris Roubaix that has about 50 miles and the Vittoria Evo SC on the Hyperon that has about 800 miles as well. I'm trying the Zipp Tangente which is basically the same as the Vittoria I think.

tids0009

by tids0009

nismosr wrote:SR Ti crank and SR Dual Pivot Brakeset

These will look much MUCH better on that build, matching bottle cages would be nice too.

kgt

by kgt

Brakes and crankset will look much better and perform great. I would replace the saddle too.

Meanwhile... you should do something about your 'flat tubular' issue...

nismosr

by nismosr

kgt wrote:Brakes and crankset will look much better and perform great. I would replace the saddle too.

yes Saddle will be replace with a Selle Italia or San Marco, need to pick the one that works for me.
as for the tubular flat, trash all of them and I'm trying the Zipp Tangente and Challenge Strada 24mm for the Gum sidewall.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

nismosr wrote:
kgt wrote:Brakes and crankset will look much better and perform great. I would replace the saddle too.

yes Saddle will be replace with a Selle Italia or San Marco, need to pick the one that works for me.
as for the tubular flat, trash all of them and I'm trying the Zipp Tangente and Challenge Strada 24mm for the Gum sidewall.

Will we see the LW IIIs in action this weekend? I'll bring your Veloflex Carbon -- they're awesome rubbers...

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

4 flats on a weekend?
What's wrong with your roads ? Too much glass or debris ?

I fortunate here in Switzerland we have very good roads but off course after a public event ( like a techno parade ) or days with rain there is more broken glass on the roads than usual.

I flat at a once per 2 years rate which us really good. I use Vittoria Corsa CX, opens on clinchers and the tubulars.

Maybe you need to switch to gator skins even if I hear they don't have a smooth ride feel.
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

amey

by amey

I am getting similar set of wheels soon; are those Veloflex tubs?

by Weenie