6950g Giant Propel Advance SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Wicked! If my local shops had a medium in stock I might be on a Propel right now! Great build!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

plpete

by plpete

Glad to hear the brakes perform that well! It's still a bit far away but the new wireless SRAM group would be a nice fit, skipping all the cabling. If i may, I highly suggest the new Jagwire Link cables. I have them on both bikes and have been extremely happy with the look and performance. They are also very easy to instal.

P3PO

by P3PO

cmdr199212 wrote:That's out of control hot.. straight speed. I didn't see a weight on the Enve bars.. couldn't those drop you below 6.9?

The Enve bars are 240g by my scale. since they also cost $400 and I really like them they will be staying on the bike. I can replace the stem nut with a glue in version that will save a few grams, maybe the odd Ti bolt, Nokon cables, maybe grind some extra material off my Garmin mount but without doing a major change up to the build kit I don't think I will save much more weight. its by far the lightest bike I have ever owned or ridden and I love the way it handles I really don't want to buy a bunch of super light parts over having a solid bike that preforms top notch!

P3PO

by P3PO

plpete wrote:Glad to hear the brakes perform that well! It's still a bit far away but the new wireless SRAM group would be a nice fit, skipping all the cabling. If i may, I highly suggest the new Jagwire Link cables. I have them on both bikes and have been extremely happy with the look and performance. They are also very easy to instal.

I'll check those out, thanks for the tip!

P3PO

by P3PO

plpete wrote:Glad to hear the brakes perform that well! It's still a bit far away but the new wireless SRAM group would be a nice fit, skipping all the cabling. If i may, I highly suggest the new Jagwire Link cables. I have them on both bikes and have been extremely happy with the look and performance. They are also very easy to instal.

Also already considering the wireless Sram once its available and I have seen some positive reviews, as long as it isn't super heavy.
This current group will go on my other bike a Defy Composite that is built up with 10 speed Campy. link included below...

Carrots

by Carrots

P3PO wrote:

Yes its the SL1 technically, but the only difference is colour between the SL0 to the SL3. in Canada Giant doesn't offer this bike as a frame set so we had to jump through some hoops to get it and right up until a week before it arrived I thought I was getting the black/blue one, The all black was my first choice though so I am stoked how it worked out!

Awesome they sourced you the SL1 colour scheme. I bought an SL0 late last year and managed to talk the store into frame a swapping for me - probably handy that they were a Giant factory store not just a dealer. The black frame really is the better of the two (albeit not company colours).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakingrocco

by Dakingrocco

Seeing this bike, makes me doubt about getting a Propel :o

naylor343

by naylor343

Love this bike! I have been thinking of replacing my TCR adv SL with a propel for a while and seeing this in black has made my mind up. I am currently riding a M/L and was considering going for a M in the propel. What is your centre BB to top of saddle measurement on this bike? Great, great build, thanks for sharing it.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Looks awesome. Enjoy it!
Speedplay is the devil!