2014 BH Ultralight 4.3kg (9.47 lbs) FINAL UPDATE Page 5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

mts595

by mts595

I have never owned a BH but have always envied their bikes and bling-factor often associated by certain pro riders...For example, here's Vino's BH from back in the day. Enjoy 8)
vuelta06_bh_gold_maneta.jpg

Don't mean to get off-topic but those Record ten-speed shifters... [ insert jaw dropping emoji here ]

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Sweet build! Any pics with the 77's?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Sure. Here is the bike with the 77s. I saved some weight too. Down to 4.3kg or 9.47 lbs. I must say that I am very disappointed with the BH frame weight of 822 grams for a size small. For the money I spent on this frame, I could have gotten a frame in the low 700 gram range. I choose to not trim down my steerer tube because I plan to sell this frame and get something else. My Litespeed Ghisallo frame hanging in the background weighed in at 780 grams. That is a frame from 2009 and it is metal! I may just swap all parts to the Litespeed.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I also run this bike with some 65 Classics.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

kgt

by kgt

godzuki26 wrote:My Litespeed Ghisallo frame hanging in the background weighed in at 780 grams. That is a frame from 2009 and it is metal! I may just swap all parts to the Litespeed.

Litespeed is cool but it is supposed to be a noodle. BH is much stiffer. No?

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

that is in fact a rather disappointing frame weight for that size. I have a MY 2014 size Large that weighed 825g for the frame.

lippythelion

by lippythelion

There aren't many frames that look good with both shallow & deep section wheels on, but this one does :thumbup:

Dynamo00

by Dynamo00

Sweet ride you got there. :thumbup:

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I finally built up my BH Ultralight (M), and it weighed in at 11.8lbs. I still have some lighter parts coming from EU (Cages, Lighter Ti Spindles, etc). I'm also running a set of Alchemy Elf/Orc enve 1.45 Tubular wheels, that aren't the lightest wheels out considering the rear hub is 222g +/-. I have a set of White Tune hubs I'm going to lace t Enve SES 2.2 Tubular rims, which should give me a sub 1000g wheelset, just hoping they're stiff enough and not flex noodles... I wanted my BH to be reliable for daily LA riding, and I even used stock campy housing for the shifting cables, and iLink Mini for brakes. This bike RIPS! Hands down one of the best and most compliant carbon bikes I've ridden to date (Cervelo R3SL, Parlee, BMC, etc). It could be the Veloflex tires, but this bike is just so smooth and I have yet to feel the rough pavement, as it just glides over it all.. So good.

I'm going to make some time this weekend to shoot pics. It's scary knowing this bike can be lighter with a few parts here and there. I still to make some adjustments, like trimming my RD cable and shortening the ilink brake cable into the internal guides. Small things....

Speedvagen Road Machine "2011 Surprise me | Cannondale SuperSix Evo | Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Firefly Ti #419 | Kogswell 650b Rando | Crema Cycles "Duo"

lippythelion

by lippythelion

^ :beerchug:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Wow! Very nice build. Good Job!

ImageFelt AR FRD

Denavelo

by Denavelo

godzuki26 wrote:Wow! Very nice build. Good Job!

Your build was my reasoning for getting this frame.. How are those 77 composite rims?
Speedvagen Road Machine "2011 Surprise me | Cannondale SuperSix Evo | Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Firefly Ti #419 | Kogswell 650b Rando | Crema Cycles "Duo"

mythical

by mythical

More importantly, how well do they brake?
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

RideWert.com
Wert Cycling on Facebook

joongsun

by joongsun

LOOKS GREAT!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

That is a nice wheelset! Please tell us how the braking is on them and what pads you're using?