Canyon Ultimate CF SLX - 2014 (New photos)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Juggler

by Juggler

Hi Enkei

Thanks for the nice words - I also think it is a beautiful bike ;)

1. The crankset has seen 5.000+ km of riding in all kinds of weather (however I use my Aeroad in the winter). During this period I have reapplied Aerospace 303 about 3-4 times.

2. No signs of wear at all. Actually I would say, that the crankset is more resistant towards dents and scratches now the clear coat is gone.

3. I used both razorblade and sanding. If you don't use the razorblade, it will take forever to sand away all the clear coat. It is a quite massive layer.

4. All the decals are under the clear coat. They were removed with the razorblade. I did not start sanding until the decals were all gone.

Do not hesitate, if you have any further questions.

Cheers!
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Enkei

by Enkei

Great and quick response, thanks man!

I'm hesitant to start scratching away but a bit less so now :) I guess it's just a matter of trying it out. I think I got the basic idea with the angle of the blade etc. Might save it as a winter project though hehe. Ordering 303 next week!

by Weenie

Delorre

by Delorre

Juggler wrote:2. No signs of wear at all. Actually I would say, that the crankset is more resistant towards dents and scratches now the clear coat is gone.

3. I used both razorblade and sanding. If you don't use the razorblade, it will take forever to sand away all the clear coat. It is a quite massive layer.

4. All the decals are under the clear coat. They were removed with the razorblade. I did not start sanding until the decals were all gone.

Cheers!

Usefull imput, as I'm going to do the same thing to my Super Record TI crankset.

Juggler

by Juggler

Enkei wrote:Great and quick response, thanks man!

I'm hesitant to start scratching away but a bit less so now :) I guess it's just a matter of trying it out. I think I got the basic idea with the angle of the blade etc. Might save it as a winter project though hehe. Ordering 303 next week!

Any time... :)

You can't really go wrong. I found that an angle of around 45 degrees ( __/__ ->) gave the best result. I hope my little illustration gives you an idea :)
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2