Hi from Cincinnati!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Frasertri

by Frasertri

I'm newly afflicted with weight weenyism, and I just finished (for now) building my Orbea Orca (I hope the picture attachment works...). It is spec'd as follows:
51cm Orca
Ksyrium ES's (training)
American Classic carbons (race wheels)
Stronglight Pulsion cranks
Control Tech Ti BB
Token carbon seat
Alpha Q seatpost
Campy Record carbon derailleurs & shifters
Zero G brakes
Zipp stem (heavy, but I like it!)
Kestrel EMS Pro bar
Campy Ultra chain
Cycle Dynamics 11-25 Ti cassette
Speedplay X1 Ti pedals
Zipp cages

She's 14.5 pounds wearing the clinchers, and 13.5 tubbie'd. More weight savings in the pipeline:
Nokon/Power Cordz cables
Extralite seat clamp
TISO pulley wheels

Cheers! Frasertri. :D
Attachments
Orca_4.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

Hello Frasertri.............this is Patrick we met and rode Sunday. Welcome to the WW group! I just got back from a fast ride with the Bio guys....we got stuck in these 40 mph winds...wow, almost didn't make it home(couldn't pedal)! Most likely see you Sunday, if it doesn't rain..........see ya!

Frasertri

by Frasertri

Hey Pat! Thanks for the welcome! I figured that was you with the rebel flag.... :wink:

You guys must have had fun in that wind.... A heavy bike might have been helpful in that! I'd have rather been with you than in the office though.. :?

Hopefully see you on Sunday then??

Cheers! Fraser C.

tcr

by tcr

:welcome: frasertri, thats a very nice bike you have there! It seems that you already have weightweenism pretty well worked out! :lol:

Frasertri

by Frasertri

Thanks TCR!

I appreciate the compliment, but having things worked wasn't all smooth... My new pal bikemanpat clued me in to the wealth of information on this forum, and I could have used some of the wisdom as I was building! I did refer to the weight listings - but learned something about compatability along the way...

I originally built her up with a Token cassette (which I believe is the same as a KCNC unit), but had BIG problems with chain slipping under load. I spent a lot of time trying to pinpoint the problem before isolating it to the cassette! All parts were brand new, but it turned out that the Campy Ultra chain wasn't playing well with the Token cassette...

Long story short, the Token went back to the dealer, and Jason from FairWheelBikes (awesome guy) set me up with the current Cycle Dynamics cassette - which performs flawlessly! He did mention that he thought the KCNC cassette worked well with the KMC X10 chain, in casae anyone wanted to try one. I already had $110 in chains (yes, Campy rookie here hosed the first one breaking it in the middle...) so I was reluctant to try a different chain combination...

So in future I will search this awesome knowlege base before trying something new!

Cheers, Frasertri. (Triathlete, but cyclist first!) 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frasertri

by Frasertri

My Orca went on a diet and dropped a few more ounces, but put a couple on too - in the name of aesthetics and comfort....

I added the Nokons/Cordz (thanks Madcow - now I know who you are!!) and changed the tubbies for Tufo Elites. I added a few grams with a bar change though, I swapped the Kestrel bar for an ergo bar - with the cables routed nicely underneath. I didn't like the way the cables were routed with the Kestrel.. :hmm:

Anyhow, she's down to 5.98kg (13.18 ponds) now. Shaving more weight will be a challenge, but the seat and post are looking 'fat' now at 130g apiece. And that Zipp stem is soooo pretty... But 165g is a lot... Damn!! I think this weight weenyism is getting to me.... :unbelievable:

I'll pot a pic. update shortly. :soon:

Cheers! Frasertri.