2014 Cannondale CAAD 10 (Updated 03/01/16)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

rheosibal

by rheosibal

While recovering from an injury, I found the urge to get etap... instead I decided to hide Junction A and spliced a few wires to make things cleaner. I also had some fun with a paint pen and hid a few logos.

I will get a few outdoor photos with improved lighting sometime soon

Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

Rallyman1978

by Rallyman1978

I like that alot

by Weenie

Skylark

by Skylark

LEC135

by LEC135

Have you ever regretted the "downgrade"?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

What logos did you hid with the paint pen? I've looked over and over and have yet to see where you did this lol

rheosibal

by rheosibal

@LEC135 absolutely not, however I am biased. The evo didn't fit me well, so I wasn't able to get as many miles/hours as I have with the CAAD. Safe to say that I love the caad BUT, I would still consider an evo himod to play around with.

@Bianchi10 Hehe, the changes are minimal, but they make the bike look more balanced. I wanted less logos to make the frame the primary focus. I got rid of "ritchey" on the stem, but left the WCS logo. Removed " shimano ultegra" from the FD, and removed the white rings on the quarq spider. It's all in the details!

Multebear

by Multebear

rheosibal wrote:
The evo didn't fit me well, so I wasn't able to get as many miles/hours as I have with the CAAD.

Could you elaborate on this? I have both Caad 10 and Evo as well with same stem, bars e.g. They have the exact same geometry, I don't feel any difference in fit. I feel a big difference in ride quality, but fit is the same.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

My evo was a 54, and my Caad is a 52. I should point out that there are geo differences between the two frames but they're so small, it would hardly make a difference performance wise. It's more of a stoke factor, weenie-ness?, comfort, and cost that people would consider comparing.

Zoose

by Zoose

Where did you end up moving the junction box? I'm thinking about doing something similar with my di2 setup but can't seem to find a good place that still gives easy access to charging or minor adjustments to trim.

Multebear

by Multebear

rheosibal wrote:My evo was a 54, and my Caad is a 52. I should point out that there are geo differences between the two frames but they're so small, it would hardly make a difference performance wise. It's more of a stoke factor, weenie-ness?, comfort, and cost that people would consider comparing.

But why not get a Evo in 52. It's a far better frame...

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

cuz the caad10 is the winningest amateur road frame in the country and #aluminati crash king millionaire team bike
Anyone living in Russia can help me out source a part? [7/2/19]

Nate ★ Life , my tumblr joint
Instagramz

grnrcr

by grnrcr

^^^ I mean, how can you say it any better than that? :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Multebear

by Multebear

nathanong87 wrote:cuz the caad10 is the winningest amateur road frame in the country and #aluminati crash king millionaire team bike

Which country is that? And why are so many people talking about having a lot of crashes in crits?

I'm a cat 2 (aspiring cat 1) racer, and I don't see a lot of crashes in crits here.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Multebear wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:cuz the caad10 is the winningest amateur road frame in the country and #aluminati crash king millionaire team bike

Which country is that? And why are so many people talking about having a lot of crashes in crits?

I'm a cat 2 (aspiring cat 1) racer, and I don't see a lot of crashes in crits here.

and the caad10 is/was nearly disposable because you could find old used good condition frames for like 450-500$ on ebay. So race what you can replace.
Anyone living in Russia can help me out source a part? [7/2/19]

Nate ★ Life , my tumblr joint
Instagramz

rheosibal

by rheosibal

^ exactly. CAAD10s are pretty much one of the best bang for the buck framesets. Plus, I went from a standard mod evo, and only hi-mods are considered worth it, but was out of my reach at the time.

It's not just really crashes in crits, although it's prevalent in usausa... but more so crashing or messing up elsewhere. I baby my bikes, but shit happens naw mean?

@zoose, the seatpost! battery sits up high in the post and junction a right underneath. I barely charge, let alone trim, so it's not really a pain in the ass to remove.

by Weenie