SwiftCarbon Ultravox RS-1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fitty4

by fitty4

Please post new video. Maybe move the saddle forward about 5 mm but remember the clamps, its super important that they are just right. I would adjust them first before anything else. Like this:http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=83222 see the link by andy2. Regarding your position what I would aim for if I were you is to have your kneecap above the pedal axle when the crank arm is vertical.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

You're definitely hyperextending your leg.

Put cleats in a fairly neutral position, make sure your saddle is too (and also level), then drop the saddle until your feet are approximately level at 6 o'clock.
Simple way is to try pedalling with your heels while unclipped. if you cant do it- your seat is too high and foot is trying to lose contact with the pedal. Drop it until you can, or start low and slowly raise it, until you can't.

You can tweak reach etc afterwards.
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Hi all,

thanks for the feedback, I'll try and get a new video soon.

In reference to my cleats, I have them set up according to Steve Hogg's suggestions (I'm running them 10mm behind, size 42 shoe). I do have them toe'd out slightly, but I believe that is a "neutral" set up (especially since I walk toe out).

Also, I doubt I need to move my saddle forward, my knees are already a good cm in front of the pedal axle. When I get a setback seatpost I'll fix this, but right now I have my saddle rammed back as far as it'll go.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

istigatrice

by istigatrice

OK, so I got another video of my new set up.

https://youtu.be/Rva6rD6h-b8

My observations: Saddle height looks much better, there's more bend in my knee. I could always do the heel thing from my previous position (the one way higher than the previous video) so I don't think that's a good indication of saddle height. In this position my leg isn't fully extended (it's very close to fully extended) when pedalling with the heels.

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

fitty4

by fitty4

better :up:

istigatrice

by istigatrice

So I was cleaning my bike today and noticed this

Hope this is just a crack in the clearcoat and not the actual frame.

In terms of an update on the bike, here's what it looks like now:

The 3T stem and Syntace post probably don't go with the rest of the frame, but I don't have any other 120mm stems or straight seatposts. Currently also using a set of 38cm Deda RHM01 bars (300g+), which are boat anchors, I'll spend a couple more weeks on these, and if I like the narrow bars I'll order some lighter ones (assuming the frame is fine :lol: ).

istigatrice

by istigatrice

To clarify the 'crack' picture I got in touch with SC Aus, and they said it's just paint. Frame is still stiff and handles well so no doubts from me.

My coach was actually quite surprised that I 'only' hit 90kmph (possibly even a GPS artefact). He reckons 110+ is doable. For reference, this segment is about 3% average, max at around 8-9% (For those local, Gorge Road 'descent'), but no technical corners.