Lets See Your Bikes!!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PNuT

by PNuT

De Vingard wrote:Here's mine! 6.99 kg... Puh, that was close!!!
I hope you like it!

it looks like it should be lighter :?
21 for road 27 for mtb :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Bikes4fun wrote:Road 6.08kg :

TT 7.84kg :

nice bikes you've got!!!! where do you ride in sing? along the beach area/trail area?

drjones96

by drjones96

Here's Mine. ~17.2 lbs.
Attachments
CDALE.jpg

turbo pepper

by turbo pepper

Does everyone have the same garage door in the US? There are lots of photos of bikes in front of a white panel door!

Will post mine when it's built.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

turbo pepper wrote:Does everyone have the same garage door in the US? There are lots of photos of bikes in front of a white panel door!

Will post mine when it's built.

:lol:

How are those Rolf Prima wheels, drjones96 ??

Nano

by Nano

My "old" Trek Madone 5.9 and my planned BMC SLC01 for 2006.
Attachments
BMC-SLC01-2006.jpg
Madone-5.9.jpg

beane

by beane

Heres mine Litespeed Siena 2005

Litespeed Sewanee 2005

Trek OCLV 97'
wheels are 97Electrons @ the moment..

Kona King Kahuna 97'

nexusheli

by nexusheli

turbo pepper wrote:Does everyone have the same garage door in the US?

When it comes to homes, we are a very homogenous people here. Unfortunately very few people have the money to really dictate what their house should look like. The builders have 5 or 6 floor plans and they'll give you 10 or 20 options inside the house to change, otherwise you get the same cookie cutter house your neighbor has.

The best part is, if you're in an affluent suburb, there's even a group of people known as a "homeowners association" which is a little more akin to a Nazi Regime. They dictate what color and size dog house you're allowed to have and what part of the yard it has to go in, and they fine you if you don't cut your lawn, and you actually have to pay a monthly fee to this group in order to continue living in the neighborhood.
Attachments
suburban_big.jpg

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

nexusheli wrote:
turbo pepper wrote:Does everyone have the same garage door in the US?

When it comes to homes, we are a very homogenous people here. Unfortunately very few people have the money to really dictate what their house should look like. The builders have 5 or 6 floor plans and they'll give you 10 or 20 options inside the house to change, otherwise you get the same cookie cutter house your neighbor has.

The best part is, if you're in an affluent suburb, there's even a group of people known as a "homeowners association" which is a little more akin to a Nazi Regime. They dictate what color and size dog house you're allowed to have and what part of the yard it has to go in, and they fine you if you don't cut your lawn, and you actually have to pay a monthly fee to this group in order to continue living in the neighborhood.

Turbo pepper, while I totally envy your location in southern France, and acknowledge the relative lack of charm in US neibourhoods, there is no denying the incredible amount of land and large homes that are available to great portion of the population. (I would trade it all for a tiny cottage near Carcasonne. :D ) Call it a trade off.

I just realized...I am in Canada and I have the same garage door. Sigh.. :cry:

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

wish I had a garage door, that would mean I had a garage. :(

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

nexusheli wrote:They dictate what color and size dog house you're allowed to have and what part of the yard it has to go in, and they fine you if you don't cut your lawn, and you actually have to pay a monthly fee to this group in order to continue living in the neighborhood.

Thanks to God, I live in land that has true freedom...

:twisted:

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Thanks to God, I live in land that has true freedom...

I would have no trouble trading some of your freedom for some of that Florida weather. (Besides Samu, you're a Fin - how long did your country live under the Soviet thumb? Hmmm let's see....about a hundred years! I guess there is more to freedom then choice of garage door.)

Don't get upset - of course you were joking, so am I. :wink:

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

Old pix:

I would sell that frame for cheap IF I could figure what would be excuse to do so. It's stiff,light enought,last forever, nice to ride,needs some Polar equipment's to be U.C.I legal...

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

Don't worry Samu, many people in the US live in the country like myself. We can do almost anything in the design and contruction of our houses. The guy that is 2 houses from me (almost half a mile away though) has a log house and the people behind me have a house built in the ground with grass growing on the roof. How would you like to have to mow your roof? I have a different type of gargage door (I also have the other type of garge door too since I have actually 4 garage doors). The people that live in sub divisions like refered to previously are subject to the rulles laid out by the people that started the sub division. Usually like minded people would live there. I persoanlly would never buy property in a sub division since I don't like to let others have say over what I do. The people that live in a sub division knew the rules when they bought their house. If they didn't, it was because they did not check it out. I will get around to photographing my bikes tonight hopefully.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

If you look grass under my bike, you will quess what I think using lawn mover...

And I hate any neirbours...I hope to buy new house in next summer.