XPREZO T-29 steel 29er 10,04 kg - update May 22

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

Thanks Getter, my headtube is 44mm. My current cover is relatively thin, think I'll keep it for now.

devinci

by devinci

Some more pictures for you guys. I think I am going to try and tune my seatpost clamp myself, it's cheap so I don't care if I ruin it and it will be a real WW project :D

I am going to start measuring and noting every bolts weights I can to see what sort of weight I can save. I already have alu bottle cage bolts, alu top cap bolt and Ti rotor bolts.

I am mainly aiming at:
- caliper mounting bolts (4 Ti bolts + those to mount the rear adaptor)
- front derailleur mounting bolt Ti
- seatpost clamp bolt Ti
- maybe tune the brake lever mounting bolts too, to alu.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

Nice devinci :thumbup: !!

Louis :) !!!

KWalker

by KWalker

If you needed to a thinner cover from a Cannondale Super Six Evo would drop 11mm off your stack height.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

cerro

by cerro

cool bike. How light will you build it?

devinci

by devinci

Im not sure yet, with my current calculations it would come at 10,4kg but I still need to tweak some stuff:

-tune all possible bolts (already got bottle cages and rotor)
-caliper to Ti
-brake adapter to Ti
-brake lever to Al
-front derailleur fixing bolt to Ti
-seatclamp tuning
-housing shortening
-brake hose shortening
-cutting steerer
-maybe change headset cover to something thinner

Feel free to suggest some more bolt tuning or if the current ideas are not a good thing, like brake lever mounting bolt to an aluminium bolt...

01Erion

by 01Erion

I've changed almost all the bolts on my project bike and I've opted for aluminum bolts in some spots, the front derailleur for example. Its an expensive undertaking to swap all the bolts to Ti or aluminum, $/gram saved.

jooo

by jooo

Aluminum bolt tuning on something like a brake lever or shifter can actually be a good thing at times. On a MTB they aren't exactly load bearing all of the time and if you do crash heavily, hopefully you just break a bolt and not something more expensive to replace.

If you do decide you want to get another seatpost clamp, this Tune comes in 30.0mm diameter and lots of colours.

devinci

by devinci

The tune clamp seem hard to find in North America, shipping this from Eu will cost a lot, I will try and tune my current one or go with a cannondale one.

I think the only aluminium bolts will be those holding the brake lever to the bars. The rest will be titanium.

devinci

by devinci

Thank you

I installed the crankset yesterday. Some more pictures to come. I received a few parts and still missing the rear brake. Stick around folks!

SilentG

by SilentG

devinci wrote:The tune clamp seem hard to find in North America, shipping this from Eu will cost a lot, I will try and tune my current one or go with a cannondale one.

I think the only aluminium bolts will be those holding the brake lever to the bars. The rest will be titanium.

http://fairwheelbikes.com/tune-schraubw ... -5003.html

i'm not sure if 30.0mm is the correct size for your bike, but that size in black is in stock, and i'm pretty sure fairwheel will ship to canada.

nspace

by nspace

I never have great luck with those ultra lightweight style clamps like the Tune. Best clamps IMO have a barrel nut (like the Thomson, KCNC Road Lite, Niner, even MCFK) which allow the bolt to maintain the proper angel because the barrel nut can pivot. With those style clamps, once torqued the 2 face the bolt head pressed against are not always parallel and they are more prone to creaks or even breaking.

devinci

by devinci

Sorry for the lack of updates.

I am patiently waiting for my rear brake. In the mean time I have probably found a seatpost clamp, which should get here soon. I have received most of my parts and im only waiting on the clamp and rear brake for further updates. Stay tuned guys, the final weight should be respectable given a steel frame ;)

devinci

by devinci

Received new seatpost clamp, but the weight is not what I expected. The bolt is steel though.

Would an aluminium bolt be safe for the seatpost clamp? I think it is an M6 bolt. Any concern switching it to aluminium?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com