Metric weights please

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

F45

by F45

Frankie - B wrote:Gents and Ladies,

Please use Metric weights when you are showing off your bike in here. The reason is twofold:

Of course, the bikes must be listed in NEWTONS, correct? Because grams and kilograms are units of mass.

mangoisdelicious

by mangoisdelicious

F45 wrote:

Please use Metric weights when you are showing off your bike in here. The reason is twofold:

Of course, the bikes must be listed in NEWTONS, correct? Because grams and kilograms are units of mass.

Given a known gravitational acceleration which can assumed to be the same anywhere that is relevant to our discussion, units of weight and mass can be interchanged between describing mass and describing a force. We're on all Earth here...for now...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

socratease

by socratease

I will be sure to list my bike's weight in slugs in the future.

andymi
in the industry

by andymi

In Uk we converse in both lol

TransientByNature

by TransientByNature

mangoisdelicious wrote:
F45 wrote:

Given a known gravitational acceleration which can assumed to be the same anywhere that is relevant to our discussion, units of weight and mass can be interchanged between describing mass and describing a force. We're on all Earth here...for now...

As the earth's gravitational constant is only constant at equal altitudes and on terrain of identical density, I shall henceforth only list the weight of my bicycles in NEWTONS, as suggested. At my current altitude and due to the loss of ground water beneath my bicycle at this moment due to local farmers response to the California drought, my bike currently weighs...

33 of THESE:

Kimmoth

by Kimmoth

Nah, the US should totally stick with imperial. What could go wrong?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Clim ... of_failure

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Just read this thread. What a gem! Thanks for the laughs.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Jefferson16112018

by Jefferson16112018

Replying to BSM ‘s map - In the U K , we use both Imperial and Metric - so actually , does the U S A . We both trade with THE WORLD .

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

Quickdraw wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:30 pm
Dear Plebeians:

And please write only in French when expounding upon the superlatives of your bike! The reason being that the UCI is located in the French-speaking part of the Switzerland where business is often conducted in French, and we must stay true to the region. Anything less would just be uncivilized!

When everyone uses the same language, along with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation, it makes things vastly easier and more understandable.

Carry on!

P.S. Is it really that hard to divide or multiply by 2.2?
ROTFLMAO, this is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone else posted before:

https://www.statista.com/chart/18300/co ... al-system/

Also, Liberia and Myanmar (Burma) have officially adopted metric SI system, and are at least dual-unit now, so USA is alone... And now you are telling us that the rest of the world should use measurement system based on parts of human body - inch = human thumb, foot = human foot, yard, based on branches and rods, pound based on grains of seeds of cereals, etc... Let me show you all of the stupidity in just one picture (and some units like volume are missing, but the principle of the metric SI system is the same for that too):

Cannondaleophile

by Cannondaleophile

Love the map and chart, showing metric vs. imperial.

Konsi

by Konsi

This seems to be one of the lesser enforced rules by the moderators. Together with the one against libel ... maybe we can have a sticky thread about which rules actually matter?

davidshinobi

by davidshinobi

Anyone else see what the US graph says about the metric system?
Sorry, couldnt help myself.... 😆

betternljhf.png
giant-foam-middle-finger-hand-sign.jpg