Diet For Cervelo S5 TDF

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

ill principe
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:14 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

by ill principe

Looks great. Proper picture made all the difference. Would love an SRM too.

deltree
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm
Location: London, UK

by deltree

Ha so you're the lucky one that snapped that up at the last second on eBay the other day! Bargain. I was slightly put off by the chainrings.

User avatar
thencameyou
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:27 am
Location: Nu Zild

by thencameyou

looking good! might be interesting with the 55t big ring on the Rotor SRM…
The CCU's are fantastic wheels but maybe not the best fit for the aesthetic of the S5, IMO looks best with 60-80mm rims (ENVE 6.7, DA C75, 808's) but still a beautiful build.

NealHumphries
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 pm

by NealHumphries

ill principe wrote:Looks great. Proper picture made all the difference. Would love an SRM too.


Thanks. I am a numbers orientated person so I figured that an SRM would be a good training aid / motivator for me. Looking forward to putting it on and getting some numbers out.

NealHumphries
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 pm

by NealHumphries

deltree wrote:Ha so you're the lucky one that snapped that up at the last second on eBay the other day! Bargain. I was slightly put off by the chainrings.


Guilty as charged. That was in the work carpark on the iphone. I got stuck in traffic and almost missed it.

NealHumphries
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 pm

by NealHumphries

thencameyou wrote:looking good! might be interesting with the 55t big ring on the Rotor SRM…
The CCU's are fantastic wheels but maybe not the best fit for the aesthetic of the S5, IMO looks best with 60-80mm rims (ENVE 6.7, DA C75, 808's) but still a beautiful build.


Hmm, yes, 55t + weedy legs = :oops:

Regarding wheels, yes, I can understand where you are coming from, but TBH, I am not a massive fan of really deep rims. I guess that is just me. Where I live in the UK I seem to have a permanent crosswind / cross headwind. Probably something to do with my weedy legs as mentioned above!!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post