Martini project 6.38kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ferrarista

by ferrarista

These wheels are awesome! I Changed the hoods for stock black. Looks better and don't have to worry about getting them dirty like the white ones.

Last edited by ferrarista on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
██

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Great looking bike.

I'm tuning my Deda Superzero seat post too. The diameter on the cradle is too small for Smud and other carbon cradles I've seen online. I am wondering where you found that lighter cradle? Thanks.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

RimClencher wrote:Great looking bike.

I'm tuning my Deda Superzero seat post too. The diameter on the cradle is too small for Smud and other carbon cradles I've seen online. I am wondering where you found that lighter cradle? Thanks.

thanks RimClencher! :beerchug:

The lighter craddle comes from the new superzero and superleggero seatposts. They come with that craddle now. When I saw the new superzero, I noticed the craddle and yokes were different so I brought my scale and it was 10 grams lighter.
You can contact the distributor and ask them to order it if they don't have it in stock. If they have some seatpost from warranty they could give you the craddle.

When I was in search for a lighter craddle, I bought the carbon craddle kit from Linskey , but the diameter was too big. I wanted to modify the diameter of the seatpost to match the craddle but the space between the bolts is not wide enough. Still have the kit. Have to put it for sale lol.

Last edited by ferrarista on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
██

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Thanks for the info. I'm going to contact a distributor or two and try to get hold of one of those new Deda cradles.

I have something that's probably very similar to that carbon cradle - a cradle I bought from CarbonCycles.cc for a different post. Someone else on this board (vinceflynow) I contacted about their Deda seatpost successfully used a Dremel to re-shape the carbon cradle so it fit his Deda seatpost. I don't have a Dremel or otherwise might give that a go.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

For me it wasn't worth the trouble to reshape the craddle and compromise the part for just 3 grams saving. The carbon craddle is 14.3 grams. My seatpost is currently at 135 grams cut.
██

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Been a while since I don't update this bike. Made couple of changes this year. Lowered the weight. Can't believe this frame is 12 years old. Still rides great.

I swapped the bars for superleggera 182gr compared to 264gr for the zero100. Also bought a new kalloy uno 7 and changed the bolts to Ti. 102gr now compared to 107gr. for the superleggero.
I removed the logos with acetone and it is much better than the superleggero in stiffness and also clamp grip. I've seen the kalloy 100mm at 95gr with ti bolts, but I guess they beefed up the new ones.

Sold the Deda elementi wheels and bought some Fulcrum Quattro carbon. Took off the stickers and changed the bearings to stainless/ceramic.

stock weight for the Fulcrum : 644gr front and 814gr rear with campy freehub.

with no stickers and stainless ceramic bearings.

Front

Rear

sticker weight. Add about 4gr for the residue left on the wheels.

stock bearings

stainless ceramic bearings

Titanium speedplay spindles from titaniumspindles.com. Stock stainless are 103.5gr. Amazing quality.

Recovered my speedneedle saddle in black leather. This actually gained a bit, but don't care. Its 105gr now.

Also changed the bottle cages to some light ones from Aliexpress. 8.4gr each. Will see how they hold up.

I did a quick weight test and its at 6380gr. Used to be at 6667gr.

Will post some pics of the complete bike soon.

Cheers :beerchug:
██

gravity

by gravity

Never knew that Quattro Carbon can be de-stickered. This changes things.

dj97223

by dj97223

I somehow missed this one back in the day. Very nice paint job. Please show us pics with the current build.

Question: it seems that the Kalloy stem has a bit narrower outside diameter at either end of the steerer. Are the dust cap, spacer or top cap wider than the stem?
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

squid046

by squid046

I also love Martini Racing livery! This bike looks great!!!!

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Some pics I took after yesterday's ride

██

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Looking good! I really like the new fulcrum wheels.

If you don't mind me asking, How does the ENVE/EDGE fork differ from the stock Roubaix fork, in terms of trail and stack? Or was it a perfect match in terms of offset and length? TIA
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

ferrarista

by ferrarista

istigatrice wrote:Looking good! I really like the new fulcrum wheels.

If you don't mind me asking, How does the ENVE/EDGE fork differ from the stock Roubaix fork, in terms of trail and stack? Or was it a perfect match in terms of offset and length? TIA

The carbon quattro are really good. I suggest everyone to change the bearings right away for some good SKF or hybrid ceramic. The stainless/ceramic bearings I installed are much better, smoother.

The stock fork is 49mm rake. Headtube is 72 degrees angle. When I was looking for a new fork I wanted a 45mm, but at that time Madcow was selling the edge fork on his Parlee 43mm rake for a good price so I jumped on it. My previous bike had 72 degree angle with 43mm rake and liked it. Stock trail on roubaix was 57mm and now its 63mm. Its perfect. Love the handling and stability at high speeds in descends.
██