Sub 6.3kg CAAD10 Build - Final Weight & Photos pg 9

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Oswald

by Oswald

How many times did you measure before cutting the second fork? :mrgreen:

Last time I cut a fork I didn't take into account the width of the saw blade. So I ended up with a fork that was 1mm shorter then I had wished for. But seeing how much extra you cut off, I kind of feel better now :mrgreen: Just kidding :wink:

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Hahah, I must have measured 10 times, and I did account for the saw blade. Probably the most stressful part of a build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I cut the seat post down and it's now only 88g. Total weight of the bike now is 6.2kg. I'm aiming to get it under 6kg. Next I'm getting lighter tires and going with latex tubes. Should drop 60g right there.

RChevalier

by RChevalier

Hey drainyoo, very nice bike!! My Caad10 was stolen early this year and while looking at your bike, a single tear ran down my cheek...

How has the ride been so far? More specifically how does the cockpit feel so far with the super light stem? Confident/Nervous/Stiff(enough)/Flexy etc.
And how has the supersonics been treating you in terms of flats?

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Really sorry to hear that. Did you get a replacement?

The ride is amazing. The cockpit feels stiff as a rock for me. Never nervous about putting too much force. I also don't experience any flex, at least any that I can feel. It's a great stem.

The Supersonics have held up great, only one flat. I am very conscience of the roads, so I avoid any debris. I'm actually thinking of going with the GP Supersonic tires with latex tubes. That should cut 100g on the wheels and improve rolling resistant.

Overall, love the CAAD10.

Zoose

by Zoose

Love this build. Makes me miss my CAAD10

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Thanks!

It really is a great frameset. For the price, weight and performance, I don't think you can do better.

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Dude….can't stop looking at your bike. Ever consider segmented housing, and maybe tubulars? Should hit sub 6 right there.
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

drainyoo

by drainyoo

The Aican housing is segmented. I don't want to bother with tubulars when I get a flat.

I have a few upgrades planned for next year that will bring it below 6kg. I'm looking at a 3T fork which should dropped a good deal of weight.

How's your bike doing?

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Nice build. Out of interest, how short did you cut the Woodman and how much does the post weight on it's own?

Also, where did you get your Supersonic tubes from? I got some from an ebay seller and they all punctured around the valve irreparably.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I took about 3" off the Woodman. I've never weighed just the post, not sure. The Smud cradle and POP yokes weight 20g together, add a few more grams for the bolts and the post alone probably weighs around 63g.

I think I got the tubes from Jenson. They've held up pretty well. Only two flats and that was because I rode over a nail and glass.

tinytree

by tinytree

beautiful bike!

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Thanks!

rheosibal

by rheosibal

drainyoo wrote:The Aican housing is segmented. I don't want to bother with tubulars when I get a flat.

I have a few upgrades planned for next year that will bring it below 6kg. I'm looking at a 3T fork which should dropped a good deal of weight.

How's your bike doing?

Ooops totally overlooked that. Very nice, can't wait to see what you continue to do.

My bike is great. Actually got hit by a car the other day, I'm banged up but the CAAD is still intact. Phew
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Oh damn dude! Are you ok?