Moderator: Moderator Team
Quick introduction: I'm Michel from The Netherlands. 29 years old. Got into cycling about 3 years ago after my stay in Tokyo. Got a cheap bike which basically got me anywhere in the city and even made it out alive.
When I got home I stumbled on a 2nd hand Giant TCR with full Ultegra group. Great bike and slowly built it up to my own needs (thank you Youtube!). The geometry wasn't ideal however and sold the Giant last winter and started this Sensa project.
Shimano is the only option with Sensa's complete bikes, however my dealer managed to get a blank carbon Lombardia frame directly from Sensa.
I was completely free in picking colors/logo's/stickers and went for the stealth option, sort of. It's RAL 5007 all over in matt.
Below are the full specs + photo. I don't have a proper scale at the moment, but it's lighter than my TCR which was 7,8kg. This one is around 7,2/7,3 I guess.
- Sensa Lombardia Monocoque Modular Carbon Fiber Gen4 frame, size 61 (Custom paint RAL 5007 matt)
- Supra Carbon STR8 1.5 Gen4 fork
- Supra headset
- SRAM Force GXP crank (50/38)
- SRAM Force brakes & shifters
- Swisstop Yellow brake pads + brake shoes
- SRAM Force FD
- SRAM Force RD (long cage)
- Shimano Ultegra CS6700 12/23 cassette
- Shimano Dura Ace CN7801 chain + KMC Quicklink
- 3T Ergonova Team Black Carbon handlebar (40cm)
- 3T ARX Team Black stem (100mm)
- 3T Dorico Team Black seatpost (31,6cm x 350 mm)
- Fi'zi:k Antares Versus saddle
- Look Keo 2 Max Carbon pedals
- Tune Wasserträger Universal Carbon bottle cage (2x)
- Farsports FSC38-CM with EdHub hubs (ceramic) and Sapim CX Ray spokes
- Tune DC14 skewers (2x)
- Veloflex Master 25mm tires (2x)
- Michelin Airstop Latex inner tubes (2x)
- Red Veloplugs
The stem and seatpost are the most obvious candidates for weight reduction, but I don't think 3T has the stealth option for their carbon line up.
Looking for ways to save weight..Probably going to get a Antares saddle with carbon rails in combination with a carbon Cyrano seatpost. That would save something like 150gr.
Any additional suggestions?
- New Ritchey Superlogic seatpost
- Fizik Antares 00 carbon rails saddle (I love it to death!!)
- New Look pedals (Keo Blade Carbon Ti)
- Got new wheels to conquer the hills / mountains (Mavic R-SYS SLR)
Slightly heavier with the climbers set-up (7,49kg), compared to 7,37kg with the set-up for flat terrain. I am very happy to sacrifice a few grams for the incredible stiffness to Mavic's are giving me while Climbing.
- Powerful Pete
- Posts: 4004
- Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:22 am
- Location: Lima, Peru and occasionally in the Washington DC area.
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...pastatrails.blogspot.com
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.
I do have a couple of ideas, but that will be something for the dark winter months:
- New fork. Stock Supra fork is super heavy and feels a bit nervous at times. ENVE or 3T, something like that. Should shave an easy 300gr off.
- Power meter in the form of a Quarq Elsa crankset.
Right now I am focussing on getting my winterbike ready.
Little sneak peak:
Handlebar, tape, stem and seatpost are being replaced this week and need to get rid of the spacers and cut the steering tube.
It's now a hefty 7,94kg and hopefully will get this down to 7,6kg.
It's a size 60 which I got recently at some online bike shop for a nice discount. It came with full 105 group which should be more than enough to keep me going during winter.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
2012 Cervelo R5 VWD 6.718kg. Oldie but Goodie. Updated PICS/Build. Pg 2!
Last post by gurk700 « Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 pmReplies: 33
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by MomentumR5 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:14 pm » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 33 Replies
- 5606 Views
Last post by gurk700
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 pm
- 0 Replies
- 202 Views
Last post by tabl10s
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:10 pm
- 27 Replies
- 3554 Views
Last post by wheelbuilder
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:01 pm
- 0 Replies
- 225 Views
Last post by go4custom
Mon May 07, 2018 5:51 pm
Orbea Orca M-Team - 7.7kg > ??
Last post by Clean39T « Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:18 amReplies: 2
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by Clean39T » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:49 am » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 2 Replies
- 968 Views
Last post by Clean39T
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:18 am