Scott CybeR1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

cybernck

by cybernck

22/Sep/2013 - National Road Championship of Republic of Srpska. The group was pretty much compact
until we hit the hills, where I immediately launched an attack, easily separated myself from all
the competitors and came in to a solo finish, my first one in the new BSK outfit.

ImageImage
ImageImage

However, the real prize was this :-)

The victory also meant extending the lead on Republic of Srpska National Championship "eternal list".
Nice way to end the season! :-)

Full-size photos: http://photos.cybernck.com/cyber1?page=7

cybernck

by cybernck

6/Nov/2013 - At Sarajevo Grand Prix race presentation in Sarajevo, I've had an opportunity
to meet Christian Prudhomme, Tour de France general director. Sarajevo GP is an UCI 1.2
category race that will be held in the Sarajevo region on 22/Jun/2014, with official
support from Tour de France organisation - and I hope to take part in it (the race,
not the organisation :-)).

And finally, to end the season of 2013 in style, on 21/Dec/2013 we've had an season
summary & ending ceremony in Tuzla, where I was presented with the National Road
Championship Winner cup.

Full-size photos: http://photos.cybernck.com/cyber1?page=7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Awesome stuff, you've built a great bike and had some great achievements on it. Certainly lots to be proud of. Keep it up, and good luck this season!

cybernck

by cybernck

In 2014, I finally got something I've always wanted - a sports video camera! My ideal choice
would have been Contour ROAM2, but in the end I bought this Chinese "Mini F9 Sport DVR",
at just above 1/3rd of ROAM2's price and with a selection of mounts included.

Image Image

Here's an example of a handlebar mount. The camera does 1080P at 30 fps and 720P at 60 fps.
Video quality is OK, while 5 Mpx stills are rather useless. It's waterproof and the battery
lasts about 2 hours. I equipped it with a 32 GB Micro SD card for hours and hours of recording.

Another thing I've always wanted to have is a deep profile carbon wheelset. I jumped at
the opportunity and bought these Fulcrum Red Wind 50 mm Carbon Clinchers with alloy
braking surface, shod with Michelin Pro 3 Race tyres.

Image Image

They look great (though I don't like the clash of the frame's UD matte finish and wheels'
glossy 3K finish), roll and accelerate very nicely. They are stiff, but not uncomfortable.
Quoted weight is 1755 g, but I suspect they are considerably heavier.

Just testing my new 50 mm F/1.4 lens on CybeR1 in an urban environment :-).

Image Image
Image Image

Full-size photos: http://photos.cybernck.com/cyber1?page=8

cybernck

by cybernck

Not having done much riding this year so far, I had decided to devote a week to nothing else but my passion,
so in the beginning of May 2014 I packed my bags and shot off to a nice little Istrian village of Momjan,
close to Slovenian border. The heart-shaped Istrian peninsula in Croatia is becoming increasingly popular
location for pro cycling teams and amateurs alike - and you'll easily figure out why.

ImageImage

My hosts were my old friends Michael and Marijana, passionate cyclists that run apartment accommodation and
a bike hostel, ride a custom built racing tandem bicycle and drive around in a very early model Zastava 750.
As you can guess, they are quite a cheerful couple! :-)

Since all the rides I've done are short stories on their own, I'll keep it very brief here and just post
a few thumbnail photos to tempt you to come in and take a more in-depth look :).

ImageImage
ImageImage

However, there's a ride that deserves to be presented in it's own right - as it's one of the best rides of my life!
On 14th of May I jumped into the car and headed off to Italian Alps to do the best part of 20th stage of 2014
edition of Giro d'Italia - a couple of weeks prior to the race!

ImageImage
ImageImage

The route and story feature Passo del Pura (1428 alt. m), Sella di Rioda (1811 alt. m) and the infamous Monte Zoncolan
aka "The Hell" (1730 alt. m) to top it off. By the way - Stage 20 of the Giro is on tomorrow (31st of May)!

For the last day of my little "vacation", I went to a "gelato ride" with Michael & Marijana, as a cherry on the top :-).

ImageImage

It was a really nice cycling week, but sadly I got back home to massive floodings going on in Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia.

Full-size photos: http://photos.cybernck.com/cyber1?page=8

cybernck

by cybernck

Back in Bosnia - I have unfortunately had to miss the National road championship race and a chance
to defend my reigning title due to untimely change of the date of the race. Still, I attended
the Sarajevo Grand Prix UCI race as a part of a National team.

ImageImage

Sarajevo Grand Prix was supported by ASO / Tour de France, therefore Christian Prudhomme and his
trademark red Skoda were there as well. Also, in the days leading to the race day, we have attended
a special ride with past TdF champions.

Stephen Roche (Triple Crown of victories in the Tour de France and the Giro d'Italia stage races,
plus the World road race championship) - checking out his bike for the day - brand new Look 675.
Joop Zoetemelk (Winner of Tour de France, World champion and Olympic gold medalist) - also riding
Look 675 demo bike.

ImageImage

For the race, I randomly got my favourite number, so I was quite chuffed with it. If you didn't know,
my other big passion and hobby are Peugeot 205 cars. A here's a complete lineup of the National team:

ImageImage

22/Jun/2014 - The day of the race. The race went through fine and served as one of the final training
rides for the upcoming National Time Trial championship.

ImageImage

Full-size photos: http://photos.cybernck.com/cyber1?page=9

cybernck

by cybernck

However, this story ends abruptly due to the fact I got a unique opportunity
to update and upgrade my road bike! The CR1 got customized a little bit and
sold to a friend - so it will be in good hands and legs :-).

You can follow the new project, dubbed Scott Addicted, here:

http://photos.cybernck.com/addicted

Full-size photos: http://photos.cybernck.com/cyber1?page=10