Moderator: Moderator Team
1) mdeth1313 right here on WW. He sold me the frame that I stripped. The spark that got everything going.
2) Weston Synder of Dash Cycles. Super light stuff...
3) Jack at Fairwheel Bikes. This guy knows everything...
4) Nico at Cycling Technology. Also knows everything...
5) Doug Dixon at veloflyte. Super cool custom stuff...
Here is a list of my parts:
1. Bottle cage: cycle king 12.18g (10.16g + alloy bolts 2.02g)
2. Brakes: ax lightness Orion with carbon spring
Front brake: 47.0g (41.35g + steel frame nut/washer 5.65g)
Rear brake: 42.59g (40.22g + alloy frame nut & washer 2.37g)
THM brake shoes: 9.74g/pair
TRP brake pads: 8.75g/pair
BPT cable fix/bolts: 5.59g
3. Brake/shift levers: Dura Ace 7900 stock
4. Cables: alligator I’link, mini link, powercordz, and KCNC titanium
5. Cassette: KCNC 11-23 titanium: 123.79g
6. Chain: YBN titanium: 213.7g
7. Crankset: Zipp Vumaquad compact 172.5mm crank only: 375.23g
Ceramic bearing BB: 76.08g
Zipp BB washers and wavey washer: 4.14g
Fibre Lyte 50 T carbon ring: 49.64g
Fibre Lyte 34 T carbon ring: 22.29g
Chainring bolts: 10.13g
8. Front derailluer: BTP tuned campagnolo: 49.0g
9. Rear derailleur: Dura Ace 7900: 151.73g
Apollo pulleys ceramic bearings:9.07g
Fibre Lyte inner jockey plate "race Ed.":5.31g
10. Fork: Scott SL stripped to bare carbon: 279.97g
11. Frame: Scott Addict SL 2009 54cm stripped to bare carbon: 740g
12. Handlebar: Schmolke 42cm x 26.0: 149.35g
13. Headset: Ritchey WCS with veloflyte dust cap: 49.86g
14. Pedals: Look KEO Carbon:187.42g
15. Saddle/Seatpost: DASH saddle post combo:134.81g
16. Starnut: Extralite Ultrastar:9.7g
17. Stem: Extralite UL3 90mm:76.57g
18. Tubular tires: tufo elite jet 160g:156.9g and 153.72g
19. Wheel set: DASH custom build
Front wheel: ax lightness 195 gram rim, Union ti spokes and Dash Mira hub:323.79g
Rear wheel: ax lightness 195 gram rim, Sapim CX Ray spokes, Dash Veronica hub: 458.03g
My final bike weighs exactly 4540 grams.
I want to make a few more comments. The Dash wheels are awesome. Superlight, stiff, and Weston was great to work with. The Dash saddle seatpost combo is also genius. At about 135g for a 31.6 x 300mm post and saddle that is lighter than the other ax lightness post I was going to use. Plus the Dash combo is fully adjustable with three titanium bolts. You can adjust fore/aft and tilt!!! Doug Dixon at veloflyte didn't have the dust cap for my headset so he created a new mold to produce this size dust cap. Again another super nice guy to work with.
Cielo by Chris King Cross Racer
Vuong05 wrote:Amazing build.
Did you get a chance to weigh the wheelset separately, seems to be well below 800g with the components listed?
Enjoy in good health.
btompkins0112 wrote:Absolutely perfect.....save for the stem erection, but it's gotta fit, right!!
Maybe you should check again your position on the bike after a few hundred miles (saddle setback, saddle to bar drop etc.)
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 1 Replies
- 324 Views
Last post by addictR1
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:23 am
- 10 Replies
- 1484 Views
Last post by Jbarker1975
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:14 am
- 0 Replies
- 498 Views
Last post by stevec1975
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm
- 2 Replies
- 953 Views
Last post by TonyM
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:15 am
- 9 Replies
- 967 Views
Last post by stormur
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:05 am