New here! Cervelo R3 looking for suggestions for a diet.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SteveFromNY

by SteveFromNY

btompkins0112 wrote:Yeah, I meant bearing cover.....veloflyte has those.

thanks again. so it's basically a direct swap? I wonder why it was so tall to begin with!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Don't know whether bike was pre built, but something to check is the cassette .. It isn't uncommon for these to be down spec'd (so may be ultegra). You might save 50g on that and can wait until it wears before you replace (although should then change chain at same time, which might also be ultegra?).

Also, if you go for lightweight cables, I used nokons initially which I don't think we're that light and made an awful creaking noise. Now rebuilding with I-links which are defo lighter and hopefully quieter.

FeitoSpain

by FeitoSpain

I agree with brake's opinions. But whatever you do, do not fix your bike with Max's System brakes, although they're light and cheap.

paradawt

by paradawt

Saddle and stem...

Stem weights around 140-150g right?
Berria Belador 7

fitty4

by fitty4

Expander-tune gum gum/extralite and a different top cap/bolt. Seatpost clamp something 8-11 grams

andy12

by andy12

I think you ought to sell it to me for a €100 and start again :D

NGMN

by NGMN

I had a really long reply about Planet X brakes, that when I hit reply didn't go through. Don't expect them to be quite as good as DA or as easy to setup but lots of users on this forum find them more than adequate. Search the "Road" area for the long thread on them and you'll get a good idea of what to expect compared to DA.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I'd leave the P6 post alone, with my limited experience with seatposts, the p6 is the most comfortable I've tried
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

clxcolnago

by clxcolnago

Enjoy what u have, and use it for you to loose weight. Remember uci rules is like 6.8 kg for pro bike. So anything else...is luxury. Maybe speedplay zero titan...

SteveFromNY

by SteveFromNY

I have to say, I'm intrigued about the Farsports 38mm clinchers @ around 1260 grams. Does anybody have any experience with them?

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

SteveFromNY wrote:I have to say, I'm intrigued about the Farsports 38mm clinchers @ around 1260 grams. Does anybody have any experience with them?

I am thinking about going the same route, tons of information on them compete with direct communication threads with Kyle at FS in those threads.

They sound like a good choice
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

SteveFromNY

by SteveFromNY

oreoboreo wrote:
SteveFromNY wrote:I have to say, I'm intrigued about the Farsports 38mm clinchers @ around 1260 grams. Does anybody have any experience with them?

I am thinking about going the same route, tons of information on them compete with direct communication threads with Kyle at FS in those threads.

They sound like a good choice

yes, that's the biggest seller - that Kyle has an open line of communication (and presence) on this forum. Which wheels were you thinking about?