Scott Plasma 3 TT build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Unfortunately the decals are under the clear coat so to remove them it's way more work than I want to so.

Plus I don't see it while on the bike. :shock:
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

portiabaines

by portiabaines

Managed to get some free time to get my brakes set up. Routing the cables is very time consumming and to say things are tight is a bit of an understatement. The Di2 cables have been a complete nightmare. The photos in the Scott handbook are a work of fiction as there's no way it'll fit like they show with my 90mm stem (as supplied with the medium frame)

Front brake is a TriRig Omega and the rear is Dura-Ace 7800 (as recommended by Scott). Might eventually change the rear as the clearances are not as bad as I was expecting.

Rest of the build is Dura-Ace 7970 10 speed, Zipp Firecrest Clinchers (404 front and 808 rear), Conti Attack/Force tyres and hopefully the new fully integrated seat/seatpost solution from Dash. The guys from Dash have been very helpful and hopefully the Dash seatpost will allow for Di2 battery cable routing.

Looks like I'm heading towards a 8Kg build complete with pedals (and thats with every bolt changed to either a Titanium or Aluminium one).

Here's some more photos to be going on with:-

Will post some more infomation and photos very soon hopefully

Cheers
Regards

Portia Baines

bonafide

by bonafide

Very nice build on the plasma 2. I am currently at S-1 and need to consolidate road and TT bikes. Looking at my reach and stack for road and T set-ups the plasma (large) fals right in the middle. Obviously there are compromises with a dual-purpose bike, or dual purpose anything for that matter but there are also compromises that have to be made to keep peace at home as well :)

So if anyone knows of a large frame for sale, I'm all ears .

eigner

by eigner

Amazing! Any updates to this??
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13