My bikes - Evo + Tarmac+ Slice RS *Updates page 6*

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I couldn't notice a difference but logically the SI arm will have less chainstay clearance than the SISL if used on an identical spindle, as the q factors are identical and the SI/SISL2 are designed around a 109mm vs a 104mm spindle, therefore the SI/SISL2 arms must have a 2.5mm less offset per arm in order to nullify the added 5mm of spindle width. That said i am still running the 104mm spindle and chainstay clearance is not an issue.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Regarding SiSL vs SiSL2 crank offsets, one set is symmetric in offsets, left and right. The other set uses left and right arms of different offsets. Which is which, I can't remember but I will try to check today.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

NiFTY wrote:Sorry probably overstating the "tuned " bit of the seatpost, I changed the steel bolt for a Ti bolt which saved 7g (14g standard steel, 7g gold ti bolt from probolt) and i cut off the excess length once i had the seatpost height worked out. Also all decals and clearcoat was removed with a razorblade and wetsanded with 1200 grit and them matte clearcoated. I put extra clearcoat around the seatpost clamp location so i could use a lightweight 6g MCFK carbon collar and not worry about seatpost slip.

Have you considered WCS over superlogic? If I'm not mistaken, superlogic is ~ 10 grams lighter. Either one go on eBay for ~$180. Also, how labor intense was it to wetsand it with 1200 grid? I have WCS bar and stem but in wet black and looking to apply gloss clearcoat on either WCS or superflexlogic for it to match the cockpit :)
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I took off almost all of the clearcoat with the razorblade. 1200 grit doesn't survive for very long before it becomes just paper. It doesn't take long at all. I sanded my seatpost in less than 45 minutes. Leave a fair bit of time for the clearcoat to dry between layers. I think that is why my frame has held up so well (no stone chips/flaking after >7500k's)
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Few updates.

Evo.

Added extralite pulleys, tune carbon clamps w Ti bolt (stock aluminium that came with didn't fit)
Replaced limit screws with black nylon bolts
Changed spider to 110BCD and installed 52/36 rotor q rings.
Changed seatpost bolt to gold anodized Ti.
Changed RD cable outer to alligator i link. (Now running ilink for everything other than rear cable stop to brake and front brake cable (both aican bungarus).

Weight 5.68kg (with pedals (188g), RWD garmin mount (11g), exposure light mount (20g)

Evo

Frame 733 (bare)*
Fork 303(with crown race)* 296* (cut)
Headset (- crown race) 51* ( cannondale + extralite hypercap, extralite ultrastar 2 expander)
Stem Ritchey C 260 120mm with ti bolts + washers 117 *
Bar 3T Ergonova LTD 42mm 189*
Levers SRAM Red 2011 (tune carbon clamps with Ti bolts) 274*
Skewers Streeters 29*
Front Derailleur Sram Red Yaw w catcher + nylon limit screws 80
Rear Derailleur - Sram Red Black with nylon limit screws, fibrelyte inner cage + extralite pulleys 130-ish*
Brakes eebrake 202* with swissstop black prince pads
Seatpost Ritchey Superlogic Tuned + saddle rail kit 161 (uncut)* 137*(cut)
Saddle S Works Toupe 114*
Cassette Sram XG 1090 11-28 w extralite lockring 156*
Chain KMC SL Ti nitride 235*
Crank hollowgram w q rings 52/36 + stages Si non drive side arm.
Bottom bracket 77
Tyres/Tubes GP 4000S (207* each) 414*
Continental supersonic 109g
Sundry
Outers: RD iLink, FD iLink Mini, Rear brake: front run - ilink, rear run - AICAN bungarus, Front brake: AICAN bungarus
Cables: KCNC Ti
bartape lizard skin DSP 1.8g (41*)
bar plugs carbon generic(4)*
spacers parts of passion ?8g
derailleur hanger (10*)
cable guide (4*)
seatpost clamp MCFK (6*)
bottle cages with bolts tune wassetrager uni (47* (bottle cage bolts 4*))
Pro Chainstay protector 3.5g*
Wheelset
Meilenstein F 536 R669 =1205g*
Look Keo Blade Ti 188* + washers
Attachments
weightweenie evo.jpg
weight weenie evo 2.jpg
weight weenie evo scale.jpg

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Updates - switched to xentis squad 4.2 after roval clx40 brake surface deteriorated.
Switched to S works toupe after kept breaking the toupe pro saddles.

Weight 6.58kg

Frame S works SL3
Fork SL3
Headset Specialized
Stem 3T ARX Pro with ti bolts
Bar 3T Ergonova Team
Levers SRAM Red 2011
Skewers KCNC Ti
Front Derailleur Sram Force
Rear Derailleur - Sram Red
Brakes Sram Red with swissstop GXP pads
Seatpost Ritchey superlogic setback 27.2 with carbon clamps and ti bolt
Saddle S works toupe
Cassette Sram Red black xg1090 11-25 + extralite lockring
Chain KMC 10SL
Crank S works cranks, Quarq, aero q rings 53/39
Bottom bracket specialized OSBB
Tyres/Tubes GP 4000S II 25mm
Continental supersonic
Sundry
cables: alligator i link + SRAM inners.
bartape Lizardskins DSP 1.8mm
bar plugs Carbon generic
seatpost clamp s works
bottle cages with bolts Tune wassertrager uni
Wheelset
Xentis Squad 4.2 Clinchers (1450g w/o rimtape)
Look Keo Blade Cromo
Fliploc STD garmin mount.
Attachments
weight weenie SL3.jpg
Weight weenie SL3 scale.jpg

Clannagh

by Clannagh

Wow such a nice detailed build :thumbup:

RyanH

by RyanH

Impeccable build. This is the only Evo I've seen that I've liked. I was considering doing the same but having it come out like yours takes a lot of work.

AZR3

by AZR3

How's the braking on the Xentis wheels? I've heard it's the best you can get with a carbon wheel, curious to see if you agree

RyanH

by RyanH

I forgot to ask, how do you like the Haero bars? What have you ridden before to compare and how much do you weigh?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Sorry guys missed your messages.

AZR3 - the xentis braking is ok. I have tried braking with swissstop bxp and the xentis pads, good modulation but a lot of hand pressure as the pads seem to glaze quickly. Now using with swissstop black princes, modulation is not quite as good but power is much improved and don't seem to glaze.

Ryan - the haero bars are nice. I have previously used ergonova LTDs, ergonaova teams, The bars seem stiffer than the LTDs but maybe slightly less than the teams to the crude rock the dropouts when installed on a stem-test. The thing is compared to ergo nova which you are familiar with, the reach is about 10mm shorter which you don't see in the geometry charts, so to keep identical reach you would probably need a stem 10mm longer.

zirinpio97

by zirinpio97

Hi NiFTY beautiful Cannondale ! I see you have a 420 mm Haero bar after a 3T Ergonova LTD 420mm.I'm interesting to buy a Haero bar ,but I'm little concerned about real measures .3T measures are centre/centre Haero are outside/outside . So your Haero bar have same width of 3T Ergonova or is a little short ? My deda is 440 outside/outside (it's ok for me ) you think is fine 420 or 440 ?Thanks.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Mate, to be honest I never noticed. As it is my evo is in another town to me, and will be for a while. I never noticed a difference in bar width between the two, just in reach. The stiffness of the bar is great, especially considering how light they are, to my hands they feel as stiff as the ergonova lads.

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

Hey Nifty, how did you clearcoat the frame? By a brush? What about UV-protection of the carbon? Any particular clearcoat to recommend?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Updated my evo - apologies for bad pics, will update in time. Now 5.12 kg

Changes
Ax lightness ultra 25T 799g
corsa 25mm tubs x 2 567g, mastik ?
tune skyline skewers 18g
carbonice chain catcher 5 gram with bolt
carbonice seatpost 85g
Berk lupina saddle 132mm padded 84g
Carbonworks cages, gold bolts 12g
Made stem faceplate garmin mount to replace both fliploc garmin mount 13g+ exposure light mount 20g = 24g with all hardware
Made "sharkfin" to sit under mcfk stem (gets clamped by stem clamp) as I don't like how prominent the gap under the stem clamp is (less than 1g)
Switched to sram red 22
Shifters, sanded, carbon clamps(dremeled body to accept carbon clamps, ti bolt 262g
wifli long cage RD - painted black, outer cage sanded and clearcoated + extralite pulleys + alloy and nylon bolts 152g
11-30 cassette 176g
Changed from hollowgram to Sram red BB30 130bcd - sanded crank, clarcoat, bolt dremelled out, new bolt painted gold, stages spindle, stages carbon NDS - sanded, clear coat, KCNC SL bolts - Q ring OCP3, made custom carbon preload spacer instead of using SRAM threaded spacer- 560g all in.
FSA SL upper headset bearing, veloflyte carbon top cap, fairwheel bikes carbon spacer

http://imgur.com/a/nqXG9

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com