Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Real nice bike ! Love it with the Bora Wheelset.

Delorre

by Delorre

One of the most beautifull bikes over here :thumbup: . I'm following this tread from the beginning and can't stop drooling over that bike. May I ask what's your saddle height and saddle to bar drop? (I'm guessing +/-80 and 10 to 11 drop :wink: )I'm about to buy a 54s matt team edition frame secound hand. I have 77cm saddle height and need 9,5 cm drop with a -8° 12cm stem, and I'm a little worried that the front end of a 54s would be to high to achive this, even if I ditch that standard expaning topcaps. Based on your bike, I can maybe extrapolate a little ;-) Could you also give any advise on what's "better" : a 12cm stem with a 85mm reach bar or a 13cm stem with a 75mm reach bar? You have 13cm stem. How's the handling of the bike with that?

eurperg

by eurperg

My saddle height is 80cm, and drop to bars is 115mm when slammed. You could leave the top cap off completely to achieve the drop you want, or use classic bend bars like Rotundo or Newton shallow to bring the hoods lower...

Handling is excellent with 130mm stem. My latest bike has 5mm longer TT, 10mm shorter stem and 5mm longer reach bars, and it's not better or worse.

Maybe I could sell this one to you? ;)

Delorre

by Delorre

Thx for the info :thumbup: Based on that, 9,5 cm drop would be a little tricky with 'normal', modern looking bars. Rotundo's or Newton's look ugly :( Althoug it could be a good solution. And even a 12cm stem instead of your 13cm only gives 2mm less stack. And a 52s frame would be to small. There is one 52s on this board with 77,5 cm seatpost, and that bike really looks a little small.

eurperg

by eurperg

If the frameset you are looking for has the horrible Acros headset with tall top cap, you're in trouble trying to get the position lower, unless you replace the headset, go for a -17° stem (ugly on sloping frames), or classic bend bars ( you say they're ugly)...

Mine has the older headset with a 12mm tall upper cup, and that could be replaced for example with a round piece of flat carbon sheet and get rid of almost 12mm of stack height.

Which headset does the frameset have?

Delorre

by Delorre

The frame has the conventional headset, with a normal colnago spacer of around 10mm. :) When I'll go looking for the frame, i'll take a couple of wheels with me, set the saddle to 77 cm (frame is sold with seatpost and 'a' saddle) and see what can be achieved with the 12cm stem also sold with the frame. Otherwise, I'll keep guessing :noidea:

Worst case, I can use a Pro 7s stem (those are 10°) and an even lover headset cap as you suggest. I really like the proportions of the 54s, and aside from the somewhat high front end, the rest is perfect and realy close to my scott CR1 (stack of the cr1 is even 2mm higher, and no problem at all with desired drop...)

A 52s will be lower at the front by 1,5 cm, but also a little shorter, requiring a 13cm stem for sure, has a steaper seattube, with could cause trouble getting enough saddle setback etc. All based on the setup below, with 76 cm seat height and +/- 10 cm drop and +/- 7cm setback (I need 9,5....)

Not bad looking at all, but picture is not level, so sloop is more pronouced IRL

eurperg

by eurperg

Extralite HyperStem -12° could be worth considering also

HanSolPark

by HanSolPark

wow it's beautiful!

Abl3rider

by Abl3rider

fletch62 wrote:Slammed :thumbup:

Sorry, does "slammed" refer to stem setup with no spacers? Pardon my ignorance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fa63

by fa63

Yes, that is what "slammed" refers to.

thp

by thp

The new bottle cages match really well and tie in with the design.