Firefly FF028 Ti Road

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

thedanplasse

by thedanplasse

Nice to see another MA/RI/CT local on here. Great build.
2018 Specialized Tarmac Expert Sl5

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Current setup:

My current absurdly vain complaint: The Mango CK hubs clash with the shifters/crank. I think I'll get over it. One thing I'm leaning toward doing is debading the 46 Aero hoops like l3eans did with his Waltly.

TBD, I'm happy with it for now and it's riding as well as ever.

by Weenie

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

jbaillie wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:06 pm
My current absurdly vain complaint: The Mango CK hubs clash with the shifters/crank. I think I'll get over it.
I wouldn't be able to get over it. Mango hubs? On a Ti bike? Sure on some tarted up mountain bike, or certain gravel or cross bikes. But to me Ti road is all about class, sophistication and understatement. I couldn't do Mango hubs. I'd quit the sport. Notice I haven't even mentioned your issue of the clash between the red accents on the Sram parts and those hubs. Criminal.

Seriously though, if you like the wheels it would be easy and cost effective to strip the logos of the Sram stuff and go all stealth black. The hubs would be fine in that scenario.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.