Scott R4 with Ksyrium Equipe clinchers wheels. 6.243 Grams

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Elrey

by Elrey

Realy great build. One thing you could change.
Planet-X Titanium and carbon QR weights 44gr. on the spot.

qwop

by qwop

WW mods to the MAX :thumbup: I really like the look of the 'classic' saddle coupled to the ISP.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

I miss these kinds of threads.

Long live the WW spirit. Beautiful build!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

monchito

by monchito

Hi everybody. I was late a bit more than i thought, but finally here is the work. The first photo is the complet mold.

DSC03088 - copia por monchito3000, en Flickr

The piece just out of the mold:

DSC03075 - copia por monchito3000, en Flickr

The new and the original ones:

palancas freno por monchito3000, en Flickr

palancas por monchito3000, en Flickr

... and I couldn´t avoid it :noidea:

pletinas por monchito3000, en Flickr

With the ridiculous save of weight, but.... I finished with medication...

pletinas freno por monchito3000, en Flickr

And this is the mold of the tensor.

DSC03078 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And the modified tensor.

Tensor freno por monchito3000, en Flickr

I hope that you have liked. I´ll try to show you some nice new things next week.

MagnusH

by MagnusH

Nice work!

How do you operate the front derailleur on the Cannondale? And what is going on with the kink on the cable housing?

monchito

by monchito

MagnusH wrote:Nice work!

How do you operate the front derailleur on the Cannondale? And what is going on with the kink on the cable housing?

Initially I had a fancy tuned campagnolo downtube shifter (9Gr), but i sold it (and i regret a lot) because i didn´t use the bike for a long time. When i use it again i put the emergency solution (which lasted for more than a year) that you can see in the photo. A Deore shifter from an old MTB. The kink on the cable housing is because I used two chunks of housing (an old aluminium housing from the 80´s or older), but it worked perfectely anyways.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

MagnusH wrote:Nice work!

I'm guessing it is a bar mounted lever from what I can make out and that is what this latest mod is for, yes?

wiRIDEfast

by wiRIDEfast

anyway you can show us or tell us a bit more about your process of making these parts with carbon? You mentioned you use pressure and not vacuum, I for one would like to know more about the process.

limba

by limba

I would never, ever do anything like this but I think it's awesome that you do. Very cool stuff.

:thumbup:

monchito

by monchito

wiRIDEfast wrote:anyway you can show us or tell us a bit more about your process of making these parts with carbon? You mentioned you use pressure and not vacuum, I for one would like to know more about the process.

Yes, I use pressure instead vacuum because this way give me the chance to work with 3-4 Kg/cm2 or sometimes, even more. (in one of the photos above, you can see that the seat mold is reinforced with an iron structure). I think this way allows me to make more complicated pieces with more sharp angles, and also have less resin in the final result.

Another good reason is that when i started doing this kind of things, i had a compressor but not a vacuum pump. Everything influence a bit :-P .

Here you can see another part (from a wheelchair) i did with pressure. I can´t do photos with more detail ´cos i don´t have the parts but i´ll show you some photos of the molds.

DSC02358 por monchito3000, en Flickr

Right now i´m trapped trying convert my Sram Red in a 11sp group, (here are some photos) but when i finish it, i ´ll do a simple carbon part with mechanics pressure and another hollow part with air globe pressure and i´ll post both here step by step.

carbon 25t por monchito3000, en Flickr

buje rebajado por monchito3000, en Flickr

monchito

by monchito

limba wrote:I would never, ever do anything like this but I think it's awesome that you do. Very cool stuff.

:thanx: :thanx: :thanx:

istigatrice

by istigatrice

monchito wrote:Right now i´m trapped trying convert my Sram Red in a 11sp group, (here are some photos) but when i finish it, i ´ll do a simple carbon part with mechanics pressure and another hollow part with air globe pressure and i´ll post both here step by step.

:popcorn: I'll love to see how this goes
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Meguro2006

by Meguro2006

First post, but I've been lurking for a while. Your work is amazing. I look forward to reading about your future projects.

cllrhodgen

by cllrhodgen

Extremely well done! You're a true obsessive weight weenie of the highest order! I am loving your work, you must have the patience of a saint moulding and making the things you've shown!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

monchito

by monchito

Finally I was able to upgrade the sram red shifters. Here are some photos of the process, but you can see the whole process here http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110303 I hope you enjoy it.

buje 11 por monchito3000, en Flickr

12-25__11sp por monchito3000, en Flickr

some weights por monchito3000, en Flickr

regata nueva por monchito3000, en Flickr