Scott R4 with Ksyrium Equipe clinchers wheels. 6.243 Grams

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

monchito

by monchito

Hi everybody. My name is Jesús and I´m from Barcelona (Spain). I´m almost 38 but I ride since 11. I have to confess that i´m a WW almost from the begining, so I have broken a lot of parts of my bikes :lol: :lol:

I want to present you my bike, which i´m very proud. I hope you like it. It´s not so impressive as many others in this forum, but it´s mine and i love her.

Here it is:
DSC02863(Flickr) por monchito3000, en Flickr

And here in detail:

Frame: Addict R4 (+ gear cable guide + support of rear derrailleur + support of BB Bearings +
headset low bearing support + head set external ring) T-54 ............................................................... 1.029 Grams
Fork: Addict R4 ............................................................................................................................. 341 Grams
Steel Protector for frame: ................................................................................................................... 4,6 Grams
Rest of head set: Extralite Scal head (tuned) + Ultra Star + New ultimate+ "monchito" ..................................... 44 Grams
Top cap and bolt: Extralite .................................................................................................................. 4,6 Grams
Rear wheel: Mavic Ksyrium Equipe (tuned) ......................................................................................... 899 Grams
Front wheel: Mavic Ksyrium Equipe (tuned) ........................................................................................ 746 Grams
Rim tape: Kind of "doityourself" veloplugs. for 2 wheels .......................................................................... 8,6 Grams
Tires: Bontrager R4 Aero. 2 Wheels ..................................................................................................... 348 Grams
Tubes: Eclipse. 2 wheels ............................................................................................................... 66 Grams
Air: 9 and 9´5 Kg/cm2 .................................................................................................................... 18 Grams
Quick release: Tune ac 16+17. both axes in titanium ......................................................................... 51,7 Grams
Cassette and lock ring: Dura-ace 7800 12-23 + Extralite ................................................................... 182,4 Grams
Stem: Extralite roadstem OC .......................................................................................................... 88,6 Grams
Handle bar: Easton EA70. 42 c-c ..................................................................................................... 258 Grams
Crank set: Vuma quad 180mm. 53x39. With modified ceramic bearings (from 42mm to 41mm OD) .................. 571,6 Grams
Pedals: Look Keo HM carbon Ti ...................................................................................................... 204 Grams
Seat: "monchito" so I did myself .................................................................................................... 144 Grams
Seat post: Monchito ...................................................................................................................... 67,3 Grams
Brakes: Dura-Ace 7700 (Tuned) ..................................................................................................... 225 Grams
Brake levers: Sram Red + BTP ....................................................................................................... 271 Grams
Rear Derailleur: Sram Red ............................................................................................................. 145 Grams
Front Derailleur: Sram Red ............................................................................................................ 70 Grams
Chain: Yaban SFL 101 ................................................................................................................... 235 Grams
Cables and housings: Alligator + Alligator mini + powercordz + Steel front brake ................................... 67,6 Grams
Botle cage: 2 x New Ultimate + Aluminium Bolts .............................................................................. 26 Grams
Handlebar Tape: .......................................................................................................................... 55 Grams
Computer: Polar cs600x + suport + cadence sensor + Km sensor ....................................................... 72 Grams

Total ......................................................................................................................... 6.243 Grams

Here the seat and the head set in a closer view:
Sillin por monchito3000, en Flickr

Pipa por monchito3000, en Flickr

And here the same in a scale:

DSC02747 por monchito3000, en Flickr

DSC02742 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And here parts of the process:

DSC01713 por monchito3000, en Flickr

DSC01805 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And here the seat in detail. If you press in some photo, you could go to a video where i show how flexy is the small part. (sorry, but i don´t know how to upload a video).
The thing is that the sit is very comfortable and pretty light.

DSC02652 por monchito3000, en Flickr

DSC02655 por monchito3000, en Flickr

DSC02657 por monchito3000, en Flickr

This is part of the headset
DSC02701 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And this is the "kind of veloplugs"

DSC02708 por monchito3000, en Flickr

DSC02711 por monchito3000, en Flickr

DSC02720 por monchito3000, en Flickr

I ride with this "veloplugs" for more than 12.000 Kmts an i had no problems.

This is a detail of front derailleur:

DSC02306 por monchito3000, en Flickr

Here the brakes (I think still can save few grams. I´m sure that i can go to 210 grams without compromise of safety nor skills)

DSC02758 por monchito3000, en Flickr

This is one modified BB bearing, (from 42mm to 41mm Outside Diameter) and how i did:

DSC02374 por monchito3000, en Flickr

DSC01857 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And finally, this is the tuning of the wheels:

Rear wheel before
DSC02638 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And after, with more little bearing, titanium axle and aluminium nuts:

DSC02637 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And front wheel before

DSC02611 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And after, with more little bearings and aluminium axle and nuts:

DSC02612 por monchito3000, en Flickr

I hope you had a nice time viewing this. I really would like to improve some things to next year. Some lighter wheels, some Schwolke handelbar, some Speedplay, some, some, some..... :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

munk93

by munk93

Well first of all. You got a good looking bike there. I don't like the saddle, but thats nothing. ;) Because you got some skills. It's always something special to watch this kind of work. Great tuning :up:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Very interesting work! Well done!

NGMN

by NGMN

A true Weight Weenie.

Nicely done.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Bro, this is fantastic! Don't say this bike it not as nice as some others on this forum - it is fabulous. A true, true weight weenie build. The amount of true tuning and customization makes this bike a one-of-a-kind. You made your own seat. You fabricated your own parts!

Chapeau, mon ami.

hillrider

by hillrider

I love youre "stumpy seatpost",very nice!! You should make and sell these to other Addict owners.

robertg

by robertg

Wow, very impressive! Nice tuning work on everything. Nice way to drop grams everywhere. Your bike looks great and obviously is original.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Very WW! Love it.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

mrfish

by mrfish

+1 Great work

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Very Nice :thumbup:
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I hope you don't mind, I'm going to sticky this.

Fabulous tuning and work!

artray

by artray

Groovy . Red touches look first class. :thumbup:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

This thread has been bookmarked!
:beerchug:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

monchito

by monchito

Many thanks to everybody for your coments. They really caressed my ego :oops: and gave me positive energy enough to follow with some tuning this weekend. I really appreciate that you liked my bike and my work.

Here are a few fotos with more tech data:

This is the seat without the leather skin. It was a thin type (and delicate when rain) which weighed 12Grams.

DSC02721 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And this is a part of the process. With this mold of wax I did a globe to give pressure inside the mold of the seat. I work with pressure instead of with void pump.

DSC01721(66) por monchito3000, en Flickr

And here i´m covering the wax mold with natural latex.

DSC01726 por monchito3000, en Flickr

This is the first BB bearings support inside the frame.

DSC02562 por monchito3000, en Flickr

DSC02572 por monchito3000, en Flickr

I changed it into these hoops of nylon...

DSC02573 por monchito3000, en Flickr

...with these strips of carbon between the hoops as reinforcement.

DSC02796 por monchito3000, en Flickr

These are some parts of the brakes:

Before...

DSC02451 por monchito3000, en Flickr

...and after

DSC02450 por monchito3000, en Flickr

Before... (already in aluminium, substituting the already heavy steel nut of the BR-7700 axel).

DSC02463 por monchito3000, en Flickr

...and after. It´s delrin. and i haven´t photo, but later, i did a little of drillium here too :wink: .

DSC02465 por monchito3000, en Flickr

This is my old bike (94-95). It has a lot of sick details. The frame (2.8 ) had some modifications and i painted and changed the fork. It was around 7.2 kg. Good weight for that time. The botle cage is not the original. The seat is a selle italia Sintesi, it was perfect for my ass, and that´s the reason why i used it to make the mold of the new one.
The true is that is not the most beautiful, but is comfortable.... and Aero :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DSC04230 por monchito3000, en Flickr

And here, my love with a friend´s wheels. I think it looks even better than with the original ones.

DSC02842 (flickr) por monchito3000, en Flickr

And finally, the mold and the piece i´ll try to do this weekend.

DSC02530 por monchito3000, en Flickr

NapD

by NapD

This type of thread is exactly the reason I keep looking at this forum :o

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com