Hongfu FM001 winter steed - incoming **now with photo**

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fivethirtyonepm

by fivethirtyonepm

with the arrival of my Cinelli Pro Best Of Italo'79 (see thread on here), I've been on the hunt for something a little less 'ornate' to use during the winter months.

logic would suggest that i kept my Colnago Ramarro, but last week i accidentally sold it for GBP100 more than i paid for it new 5yrs ago (okay, so i spent a chunk on it this spring, but even so, that goes to show that people do pay for the label!).

this evening, i sealed the deal on a 2011 Hongfu FM001 full carbon frame/fork (Toray 700 carbon) with full 2011 Rival compact groupset, Deda cockpit and Planet X Model B wheelset. it should arrive on tuesday, so i will post up lots of pics.

quite chuffed really as the whole bike cost me around about the same as the retail cost on just one of the wheels on a cinelli.

oddly, it will probably weigh a little less than the cinelli pro best of (which is weighed down by the sublimely fast-rolling bullet ultra 50 wheelset and equally stunning ram 2 bar/stem setup) and should be a good giggle through the winter months when the cinelli is wrapped up in a cosy blanket under my bed.

am loosely thinking about getting some decals made up in the pinarello font reading 'chinarello' and 'dogface'.... the frame is clearcoated black, so i would do the decals in matt black for the humorous-yet-stealth look.... thoughts?

roll on tuesday.

cheers
Last edited by fivethirtyonepm on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeePaton

by LeePaton

Leave it without stickers unless you want to look like a "insult of your choice"

Apart from that always fun bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fivethirtyonepm

by fivethirtyonepm

well it's arrived.

not yet set up properly and in need of a little 'upgrading' in places.... the nice deda carbon seatpin is going to be replaced by something with a little layback (which should also allow me to drop it a little).

i'm trying to get hold of a set of planet-x 50mm carbon tubs and i will change out the deda bars for something a little lighter. the saddle (prologo scratch ti) could be a little lighter, so i may do a swap for a selle italia slr xp, and then a set of planet x ti-skewers should round it off nicely.

damitamit

by damitamit

Nice!

But if its a winter bike, where's the mudguards (or fenders)? :)

fivethirtyonepm

by fivethirtyonepm

damitamit wrote:Nice!

But if its a winter bike, where's the mudguards (or fenders)? :)

it hasn't started raining yet!

i am going to get some clip-on jobbies....

the original plan was to buy a Tifosi CK7, but this turned up via the bikeradar forums and i just couldn't resist.

so much for winter bikes being more 'audax' orientated than your 'weekend best' bike... this little black number is far more racey than my USD$9k Cinelli Pro Best Of!