Colnago m10 (update madfiber, THM, AX, 13.2 lb)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I like the brakes for what I use them for. I mainly ride flat stuff. They are amazingly light, I just weighed one of the caliper without holders and it was 34 grams haha! Only 1 gram heavier than your average fork expander!
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Just put some lighter tubes and saved 2 oz. haha its now 14.00 and Im putting the THM crank on hopefully monday or tuesday!! Im thinking with the crank, seat post, and new bars it could possibly put me under 13 lbs? I hope!

Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

JWolf

by JWolf

Looks very nice. I built a much heavier version. All campy and 3t. About 15lbs.

Frankie - B
Administrator

by Frankie - B

Goo looking ride! Great job on that.

You might want to check your bake shoes though. It seems that the brake shoe you pictured on page one is upside down. The shoe should follow the curve of the rim.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

@frankie the pads do look weird in the pictures but they are ok!

Im putting the THM crank tomorrow!!! hoping to drop a lot of weight with that! Also im ordering my AX post tonight. That should also lose a good amount of weight. Will post pics tomorrow.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Picked up my new ultimate bar today and I also got my THM crank!!!!! The THM with rotor q rings is 488 grams. Should save 176 grams. Also the BB is going to save around 14 grams!! My old pro vibe carbon bar was at 205 grams the new ultimate was 173. Then I cut some off the end and it's now at 167 grams :) My ax lightness post is going to come tomorrow also. Will post some pics tomorrow!

KWalker

by KWalker

Why no more Osymetric?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I wanted to try out the rotor q rings. Also they are quite a bit lighter that the osymetric rings.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Great colour and paintjob. :D

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

JWolf

by JWolf

Congrats. That's super light for an M10 I think.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Thanks! I would really like to try and get it under 13..... Im going to do the shifter cables in i links which should save another ounce. Im also going to get an extra light stem, and an aluminum cassette. I think it will be close!

KWalker

by KWalker

kevosinn wrote:I wanted to try out the rotor q rings. Also they are quite a bit lighter that the osymetric rings.

Any preference on either thus far?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I haven't tried the rotors yet but I'm going for a ride later and I'll post some feed back. Also I'm picking up a pair of mad fibers! I'll post some pics tonight

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn