New Parlee Z1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RippedUp

by RippedUp

SWijland wrote:Lovely racing machine, but can't say I like the CK headset either. A TUNE or a KCNC would look much much better.

Thank you for the comment. I agree with the headset which I don't really love either.

Will look into a replacement soon.

RippedUp

by RippedUp

New Corima Viva MCC "S" fitted with Conti Competition 25. Best wheel/tire combination I have ever tried. The wheels roll and roll, very easy to climb with, unbelievable cornering and fantastic braking - except in the wet!!!!

Last edited by RippedUp on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Bike is looking great!!
Enjoy your trip :thumbup: :beerchug:

salok

by salok

That Parlee looks perfect. :beerchug:

Own a Parlee Z1 and a Parlee Z3 , both great rides.

timj

by timj

beautiful!

Lig

by Lig

Hi Rippedup,

Your Z1 looks spot on, however you could always just sand down your seat post to remove the decals, this is what i did to my ENVE seatpost and stem and am really pleased with the results.. you would get a kind of sheen finish, which I like with my gloss frame, but wont be as matt as your frame, but in my opinion would look better than it does now with the logos...

Cheers,
Lig.

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Thanks Lig! Yes, I tried removing the marking on the seatpost with acetone, but didn't work.. What type of sanding paper did you use?

Lig

by Lig

Hi RU,

Yeah acetone wont work as the decals are 'baked' on. Here is my post on the removal... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=125319

I basically started with 400 grit and then got smoother down to 1500 then some rubbing compound to finish. I did mask around 5mm above where it clamps as i didnt want to risk effecting the clamping area at all.... It does take time, it took around 2- 3 hours to do it, but does give a nice look (again in my opinion)!

Stem wise (I know you have just bought the Zipp) would be a MCFK stem in the matt finish - this would match very nicely with the headtube weave... but yes more $$$$ something for the future.... :D

http://www.mcfk.de/en/products/stem/stem.html

Cheers,
Lig.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

That rear hub is a piece of art!! Corima never striked me as a well finished product, more like a race-ready-inexpensive solid set of wheels

May be this goes along with the increase of price list

NiFTY

by NiFTY

You can sand a post down in about 20 mins. Use a razorblade angled opposite to the direction of dragging and the clearcoat just peels off, then finish with wet sand with fine grit sandpaper. I finished with satin clearcoat in a spraycan, about 3-5 light coats. I thought it would wear off really quickly (I sanded an entire frame as well) but 7,000k's later and the frame has not a single solitary chip, there is no flaking of the clearcoat anywhere. Pictures of frame and sanded seatpost(x2) and stem (both are ritchey superlogic) are in my signature.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bkracer

by bkracer

Nice looking Parlee!! Really like the red decals. Maybe I need to order some red ones for my Parlee....

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Here's the latest iteration of my Z1.

AX Lightness seatpost
EE Cycleworks brakes
AX Lightness 25T

IMG_8344.jpg
1F83E426-7AF5-41CC-98C0-AC4323A738CC.jpg
IMG_8342.jpg

Lig

by Lig

Hi RippedUp...

Looking good! I hope the cranks are holding up!

I had a couple of sets of these, they were great cranks, but in the end the axels came unbonded and so there was ply on them. Real shame as I did like them.. But I think they have a lifespan, mine lasted a good 7 years or so...

Great weight too for a not so light frameset....

:thumbup:
Lig.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Hi Lig - yes, I love the crank. Shame it got discontinued. Amazing weight and design.

Mine's been with me for 9 years+ and holding strong! I change the Fiber-Lyte rings from time to time as they wear out.