Cervelo R5 VWD Argyle

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

woody55

by woody55

Beautiful bike, love the argyle. Saw one at the LBS and drooled all over it.

alfredox5

by alfredox5

I think I've finally finished my setup on this bike. I went back and forth with the crankset (Rotor 3D+ and Campy) and I think I'm gonna stick with the Campy setup for now. Bike weighs 6.65kg (14.66lbs) as is including my GoPro mount.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

Just plain awesome! :thumbup:

Those wheels make me very jealous...
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

alfredox5

by alfredox5

ScuderiaDouroux wrote:Just plain awesome! :thumbup:

Those wheels make me very jealous...

Thanks!! :thumbup:
So far I'm loving the bike, but I know I'm gonna get rid of this before 2012 ends. :mrgreen:

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

So, why do you want to sell this again?!?!?

coppercook62

by coppercook62

man that's nice

by 103

cjthomasuk wrote:Beautiful build. I'm currently trying to do a similar one myself!

Did you use paint or tape to do the customisation on the stem and bars?

I've been looking everywhere for the actual argyle 3T stem and bars but no one seems to have them.... I know they exist somewhere (attached image)! If anyone knows where I can get these please let me know???

Cheers

I believe those 3T parts were from the old Felt/Slipstream days. Once in a while some pop up on eBay.

Back to the custom stem, very nice! Wouldn't mind doing that to mine. Can you give any info on the process? Model paint?

alfredox5

by alfredox5

justkeepedaling wrote:So, why do you want to sell this again?!?!?

Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. But I get bored really quick. This is my 3rd bike this year alone and I'm sure when the 2013 models come out, I would like to build something new again. :mrgreen:

alfredox5

by alfredox5

103 wrote:
cjthomasuk wrote:Beautiful build. I'm currently trying to do a similar one myself!

Did you use paint or tape to do the customisation on the stem and bars?

I've been looking everywhere for the actual argyle 3T stem and bars but no one seems to have them.... I know they exist somewhere (attached image)! If anyone knows where I can get these please let me know???

Cheers

I believe those 3T parts were from the old Felt/Slipstream days. Once in a while some pop up on eBay.

Back to the custom stem, very nice! Wouldn't mind doing that to mine. Can you give any info on the process? Model paint?

It's actually not the parts from the old Slipstream team. Never had any luck finding those - so instead, I did my own thing. I have a vinyl cutter at home and that's how I customize all my stuff. From wheels, to name decals, etc., that's what I do to personalize my bikes.

Here's my Uncles Seven Axiom that I customized for him. http://www.flickr.com/photos/36539435@N ... 546727839/ :thumbup:

jsinclair

by jsinclair

alfredox5 wrote:I get bored really quick. This is my 3rd bike this year alone and I'm sure when the 2013 models come out, I would like to build something new again. :mrgreen:

#firstworldproblems

alfredox5

by alfredox5

coppercook62 wrote:man that's nice

I'll trade you for your Crumpton :)

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Bahaha, I'm glad someone suffers my same sickness about changing it up just because...

However

Yours > mine

:(

plpete

by plpete

alfredox5 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. But I get bored really quick. This is my 3rd bike this year alone and I'm sure when the 2013 models come out, I would like to build something new again. :mrgreen:

This guy... :lol:

Still enjoying my Giro D'Italia RS and the custom stem as well! Need to post updated pics!

alfredox5

by alfredox5

plpete wrote:
alfredox5 wrote:

Still enjoying my Giro D'Italia RS and the custom stem as well! Need to post updated pics!

Hey peter,

I'm glad you're still enjoying the Giro. Maybe you'll be interested in buying this from me before the year ends? :mrgreen:

plpete

by plpete

alfredox5 wrote:
plpete wrote:
alfredox5 wrote:

Hey peter,

I'm glad you're still enjoying the Giro. Maybe you'll be interested in buying this from me before the year ends? :mrgreen:

Haha thanks for the offer, Alfred. The RS is more of a bike than I need already. The motor needs work!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com