Moots RSL/Super Record - Update page 3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

solarider

by solarider

Decided to sell the Lightweights. I am about to move to Hong Kong and wanted something easier to repair and maintain myself (traditional spokes).

Have gone for 404 Firecrests. Amazing wheels. I can see how they won't fit certain frames as they are appreciably wider than a normal rim. Seems strange at first looking down and seeing the rim wider than the 23mm tire, but now I am used to it.

And just for the fun of it, the Hyperons off my forthcoming Colnago Master 30th AD10 build (can't wait for that one - damn those Italian lead times!). Think this bike looks and rides better with deep sections, but the Hyperons spin forever and are definitely more than the sum of their parts.

nismosr

by nismosr

looks great .. what size is the frame ? how's the ride ?

nspace

by nspace

Looks fantastic with the Campagnolo wheels!

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Well I personally think it looks better with the Zipps on it. I think any deep wheel as to the look of any bike.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

kgt

by kgt

nspace wrote:Looks fantastic with the Campagnolo wheels!

+1

boots2000

by boots2000

What bottom bracket are you running in thos fine bicycle?
Can you post dimensions? Wondering about the size, angles, top tube length, head tube length, etc.

ronderman

by ronderman

Without question the Hyperons - those are the coolest wheels, like, ever. I love the moots, a ton, but the slope is just too much for me. I'm not a strict traditional guy either, but their slope is just too much.

With that said, sweet bike and without a doubt - Hyperons.