Moderator: Moderator Team
spec reads as follows:
* cannondale caad5 (f900sl) frame - handmade in the usa and very light.
* exotic carbon rigid forks - 29er length to compensate for the headshox geometry frame
* superstar components 1.125 GTO headset with reducer cups (from 1.5)
* On One Midge bars
* On One brown padded handlebar tape
* Cinelli gel anti-vibration insert pads (positioned on drops)
* exotic 80mm stem - i will probably replace this with a 60mm variant
* maxm carbon seatpost
* superstar seat collar
* charge spoon brown saddle
* tektro rl520 long-pull road brake levers
* avid bb7 mtn cable discs
* alligator gold 160mm rotors
* clarkes compressionless braided pre-lubed sealed cables
* blackspire badger freeride crankset
* self-extracting crank bolts and onzo chainring bolts
* blackspire uno veloce 34t chainring
* supeterstar components xcr upper chain device
* shimano xtr rear mech with kcnc jockey wheels
* shimano dura-ace bar end shifter
* sram mid-range 9-speed cassette with sram chain
* shimano 540 spd's
* mavic xc717 disc rims on deore xt hubs with black dt spokes
* a2z cro-mo large lever qr skewera
* michelin wild race'r advanced tubeless tyres (2.2 front, 2.0 rear)
* joes no tubes tubeless system
* gay gold presta valve caps
* charge chainstay protector (cut down)
no idea what it weighs as yet, but it's not too bad. the wheels could be lighter (stans on hope would be good), as could the cranks, saddle and stem.
still some tweaking with bar heights etc, but a quick spin down the road and it's a rocket! can't wait to get it off road.
anyways... pics below...
basically, it is the missing link between the two other bikes.
the handlebars and brake lever position is absolutely fantastic... unlike with either flats or drops, when your hands are on the hoods, there is absolutely no rotation of your wrist from your forearm, and when you are on the drops (as you would be when descending), your hands are forced hard into the bars which increases the security.
the large front tyre (2.20 front against 2.0 rear - running tubeless to allow for lower pressures offroad), padded bar tape, cinelli gel pads, carbon fork and carbon seatpost all help to make it very comfy to ride on all terrain.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Old school ALU XC frankenbuild 26er
Last post by Heavyhitter « Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:30 amReplies: 3
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by Heavyhitter » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:52 am » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 3 Replies
- 395 Views
Last post by Heavyhitter
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:30 am
- 2 Replies
- 688 Views
Last post by F45
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:12 pm
Workswell 093 build complete; my first WW
Last post by alexgodmar « Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pmReplies: 2
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by apctjb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:22 pm » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 2 Replies
- 1092 Views
Last post by alexgodmar
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm
- 24 Replies
- 2748 Views
Last post by Timmy269
Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 am
- 92 Replies
- 14254 Views
Last post by Conza
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:17 pm