Canyon Ultimate SLX (was "8.0") (6.8ish kg // Crashed // Retired )

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

naavt

by naavt

kroem wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:59 am
naavt wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:05 am
@kroem

Reviving this thread since I've just purchased a KOM chalenger set with many reserves, since I coudn't find much about it online.

Do you still ride that bike and those chainrings?
Hi! Nah, the frame got toasted on a decent, see above :)

BUT am still using the rings, LOVE them for climbs. I'm not so used to long ascents so having 30t up front is lovely.

Shifts good/ok, even on Force AXS now which is supposedly not supported (no 13t diff)
Oh! Bummer! Glad you got out without any issues.

Thanks for the feedback on the chainrings.

Best of luck!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KalviDj

by KalviDj

kroem wrote:
naavt wrote:
@kroem

Reviving this thread since I've just purchased a KOM chalenger set with many reserves, since I coudn't find much about it online.

BUT am still using the rings, LOVE them for climbs. I'm not so used to long ascents so having 30t up front is lovely.

Shifts good/ok, even on Force AXS now which is supposedly not supported (no 13t diff)
I'm on Sram Force AXS with Gearoop 46/30 and I'm not able to make it work, only achieve to go from small to big ring with the 5 bigger cogs, with the other 7 it don't shift up or throw out the chain. How did you set up the FD to make it work?

kroem

by kroem

KalviDj wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:43 pm
kroem wrote:
naavt wrote:
@kroem

I'm on Sram Force AXS with Gearoop 46/30 and I'm not able to make it work, only achieve to go from small to big ring with the 5 bigger cogs, with the other 7 it don't shift up or throw out the chain. How did you set up the FD to make it work?
Hmm, strange - I do not remember that being a problem. Then again, I dont remember exactly how I did it - I believe I used the included FD tool. I've since swapped to Red Etap 11, so cant check now.

I've never used the flattop chain thou....
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)