Post Crash Roubaix Team

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

Had a crash in late May in which I fractured my clavicle for the first time. I asked a few friends about the recovery process and a few of them recommended I look into the Roubaix, specifically the Team edition. I purchased the frame several weeks after and had the build done in mid July. Back on the bike very recently and am enjoying the ride quality. Nearly as fast as the Venge on which I crashed (that will be rebuilt soon) but much more comfortable. Not a WW buld at this point, build is using the following:
  • Ultegra Di2 Group
    Roval CL50s
    RapidAirs (26c/28c)
    Dura Ace BB
    Dura Ace Chain (MSW)
    Specialized Power Pro Elaston 143
    Aerofly 2 (38)
    Supacaz Kush Classic
    Shimano 105 Pedals
    Sworks Rib Cage III (x2)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

team edition is my favorite spesh bike looks wise.. nice one you got there.
2019 BMC TM01 Road UCI config 7.36kg

by Weenie

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

Rapides came in early for my Venge re-build, decided to throw them on the Roubaix until I get the Venge back.

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 pm
team edition is my favorite spesh bike looks wise.. nice one you got there.
Thanks, I was on the fence about the paint until I saw it in person.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Lovely ride! I’ve always been intrigued by this model. How’s the handling compared to Venge? Is it waaaay slower? I’ve tried a Domane but the handling was just super sluggish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

ultyguy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:35 pm
Lovely ride! I’ve always been intrigued by this model. How’s the handling compared to Venge? Is it waaaay slower? I’ve tried a Domane but the handling was just super sluggish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've yet to take it on a technical descent but so far my impressions are that it handles well if the Future Shock is locked out. When it's open it feels too cushy during sprints or descending for my taste. On the flat it feels nearly as fast as the Venge. Overall it's a great bike and a great all-rounder, definitely much more comfortable than the Venge on longer rides.

Raymonndo

by Raymonndo

Very nice build!

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

Very excited to try this saddle !

5311alltheway

by 5311alltheway

Is this the 53? Headtube tends to always look too low at 90mm and veers me to a 52, but the proportions here look great.

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

5311alltheway wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:45 pm
Is this the 53? Headtube tends to always look too low at 90mm and veers me to a 52, but the proportions here look great.
Yes this is the 53.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

wolflikeme wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:28 am

(...)
Do share your experiences! I'm very curious to read multiple reviews from people with no journalistic background.
Current: 2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5 | SRAM Red Etap | Edco Umbrial 45 - FFWD F6R Ceramic
Projects: 2021 TT Project | Frame Unknown | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Pro Disc - TriSpoke
Retired: 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook Crit

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

Ritsuke wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:44 pm
wolflikeme wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:28 am

(...)
Do share your experiences! I'm very curious to read multiple reviews from people with no journalistic background.
HA ! I haven't had a chance to ride much this week but based on a very small amount of time on the bike it's incredible. The moment I sat on the saddle it felt much more comfortable than the Power Elaston I've used for 4k miles. It feels like you're sitting in a hammock, definitely compresses more than the Power yet is very stable. I'll post more thoughts once I've had more time on the bike.

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

After riding in some terrible wind and not having my confidence entirely back post crash I've decided to get an Alpinist CLX wheel for the front to help with stability and keep the Rapide in the rear for now (for reference I'm ~65kg). No comment on the stability of the Rapide vs the CL50s I was riding at the time of my crash, seems to feel marginally less twitchy and more of a push in cross winds. This will probably look ridiculous but I don't see a need to switch to an Alpinist in the rear yet since my main concern in stability.

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

Any reviews on the saddle already? Eager to get one but it's expensive so want to read some "non-journalist" experiences.
Current: 2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5 | SRAM Red Etap | Edco Umbrial 45 - FFWD F6R Ceramic
Projects: 2021 TT Project | Frame Unknown | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Pro Disc - TriSpoke
Retired: 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook Crit

wolflikeme

by wolflikeme

Looks a little whacky but the ride was more stable on a small descent, need more time in windy conditions to see how much of a difference the Alpinist in the front makes.

by Weenie