S-Works Epic Evo 2021

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

Another day, another bike. This one is gonna be a heavy one but I'll live with it. I was initially waiting for my new road frame. But I caught the MTB bug and went all in. Yes, my wallet hurts.

I'm not a photographer by any means so I don't understand how to take photos of this thing but I tried my best, I'll try to take better photos of the paint when I build it up. Basically raw carbon with a bunch of random logos and paint thrown on it. I'm undecided if I like it or hate it still. As for the build, I'm thinking AXS with a Bike Yoke Devine Sl, the new Roval Control Sl wheelset, XTR brakes, ENVE Cockpit, and so forth.

Blue weights have been weighed, the rest is kinda just a placeholder/claimed while I wait for stuff to roll in!
Last edited by icantaffordcycling on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

A really messy design on the frame in my opinion, almost looks like something went wrong.

by Weenie

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

It's not the color I wanted either. I probably won't keep it long enough to repaint it or anything like that. I suspect that this frame is lighter than the yellow and green. The yellow was supposed to be a bike shop employee-only frameset and this frame is a 1/200ish and handpainted. Availability all around on this bike sucked.

I originally planned to get the comp and leave it stock but tonytourist explained to me that money is just a social construct.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Money ain’t a thang, just buy more :roll: :noidea:

rapsac

by rapsac

Nice frameset, paint scheme is an acquired taste perhaps, but only really to be known when the bike is finished.

scant

by scant

thats a good weight for the frame considering the travel. if the colour still bothers you after a few months, go full weightweenie & sand all the paint off :)

I look forward to seeing the rest of the build

robbosmans

by robbosmans

For the drivetrain, shimano xtr shifts better than axs.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

robbosmans wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:09 pm
I understand but I like the cleaner look of AXS, 3 cables all going to one port on the bike might not be ideal. In a perfect world, I would do an XTR cassette and chain with an AXS derailleur and shifter. Something like that would be perfect.

by Weenie

robbosmans

by robbosmans

icantaffordcycling wrote:
robbosmans wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:09 pm
I understand but I like the cleaner look of AXS, 3 cables all going to one port on the bike might not be ideal. In a perfect world, I would do an XTR cassette and chain with an AXS derailleur and shifter. Something like that would be perfect.
Yes I understand, axs mech and shimano cassette and chain is definitely a smart choice

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk