by CLEAR

Rim brake wheelset, and I am IN

by Weenie

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

I don't see the weight.

micky

by micky

As mentioned it's a prototype which means not a finished product ( =no weight ).

Kumppa

by Kumppa

522g for the front wheel, hollow rim, 45mm rim profile and 26mm wide.

@Berk ig

Kazyole

by Kazyole

If rim brake clinchers ever exist I will buy them.

Also, any plans to offer bar/stem combos at any point again in the future? I would buy one.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

I've yet to find the perfect saddle for me. Currently using Prologo Dimension and Prologo Zero and they're both working good outside, but not so good indoors.

Berk Lupina seems to be working great for many people and i imagine it could work for my problem as well, as it seems to have more flex.

Is the Lupina more like a one position saddle or are you able to vary positions?

madik

by madik

eins4eins wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:44 am
I've yet to find the perfect saddle for me. Currently using Prologo Dimension and Prologo Zero and they're both working good outside, but not so good indoors.

Berk Lupina seems to be working great for many people and i imagine it could work for my problem as well, as it seems to have more flex.

Is the Lupina more like a one position saddle or are you able to vary positions?
Just my take on difference for me between Prologo Dimmenshion Nack a Berk Lupina padded. Dimmenshion is absolutely perfect for me, best saddle i've tried so far. Good both outside and indoor. Then a friend borrowed me his Berk saddle. For a few kilometers it was just fine but after some time it become slowly very uncofortable. Saddle didn't really support my sitting bones and was rather stuck up in my arse creating a lot of pressure on perineal area. In the same time friend of mine tried my Dimmenshion saddle and was very sattisfied with it and bought one for himself eventually.
But ofcourse saddle is personal and depends of various factors. So Lupina might work for you just fine :twisted:
Functionality > Performance > Weight

stevec1975

by stevec1975

I've used both (Prologo Dimension Nack and Berk Lupina) for what it's worth, I have used the Prologo for 6 hr rides and it was comfortable the entire time, the Lupina I have done similar rides, and whilst initially it is just as comfortable (mainly due to the shape and inherent flex), after several hours it became less so, but not unbearable. I am thinking of swapping back to the Lupina on my main bike as there is little difference overall (apart from a 90g weight saving)

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Outside i have no problems either. Did 32h last week of december on mallorca riding the Dimension Nack. But on the smarttrainer, i can't vary position enough and after 1.5-2h it becomes uncomfortable. My thought was, that a saddle with more flex would help.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all, thanks for the compliments for the wheel project!

It would be less problematic and even lighter if we decide to go tubular. Have to make a few decisions in which direction to go, for now we decided disc brake and clincher, as it is "the most popular" option. But I'm considering to make them also tubular - less problematic production, lighter wheelset etc., we'll see!

After a few years, finally build this bike together:

3.986g complete bike as on photo.

Special project finished after almost 3 years. Custom made frameset/saddle, handlebar/stem combo and a lot of tuning by our Berk Composites team member Aleš Arnež. The bike was in use already in the past years, but now it is finally <4kg

Pure weightweenies :thumbup:
Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites - Handmade In Slovenia
Berk Composites
http://www.berk-composites.com/
info(a)berk-composites.com

nickf

by nickf

Build list please! Beautiful!

themidge

by themidge

Now that's proper :thumbup: beautiful tuning on the shifters especially.

No Aerolite pedals though? They would have saved 50g or so, even from tuned speedplays.

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Berk wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi to all, thanks for the compliments for the wheel project!

It would be less problematic and even lighter if we decide to go tubular. Have to make a few decisions in which direction to go, for now we decided disc brake and clincher, as it is "the most popular" option. But I'm considering to make them also tubular - less problematic production, lighter wheelset etc., we'll see!
Any Pro teams interested in these wheels? Could see somebody pulling a Team Ineos with their Lightweights for mountain stages.

by Weenie

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all!
nickf wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:36 pm
Build list please! Beautiful!
Here it is :thumbup:
Mention that the "frame" weight is actually for the frame with integrated seatpost and saddle!

Handlebar is our own custom made stem/handlebar combo.
Topcap was also made in-house, the spacer was 3D printed

Ciamillo brakes were tuned (different spring and screws)

Fron derailleur tuned - carbon cage. The same goes for the rear derailleur.

Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites - Handmade In Slovenia
Berk Composites
http://www.berk-composites.com/
info(a)berk-composites.com