Cicli Barco Xcr Chameleon

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gary71

by Gary71

mkentik wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:17 pm
And that's the complete thing ready to hit the roadsImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N975F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Congrats - beautiful build. I hope it rides as good as it looks. Enjoy.

by Weenie

kgt

by kgt

Beautiful! More and bigger photos please.

tonchy

by tonchy

Very nice build, congrats!

How come you didn't decide for "di2 friendly" handlebar?
That junction box under the stem is the only piece, which IMHO destroys the perfection.
Ridley Helium SL Etap
Ridley X-Night SL Etap
Klein Aura V
Giant Defy Advanced 2 HRD
Trek Superfly 6

mkentik

by mkentik

tonchy wrote:Very nice build, congrats!

That junction box under the stem is the only piece, which IMHO destroys the perfection.
I know that but I liked a lot the feel and ergonomics of the 3t bar which I decided to sacrifice the looks for the practicallity

-----------------------------------------
[Pinarello Dogma F8 Disc]
[Colnago Master Oval Titanium]
[Cicli Barco XCR]
[Gios Compact Evolution]

tonchy

by tonchy

Fair enough. :thumbup:
Ridley Helium SL Etap
Ridley X-Night SL Etap
Klein Aura V
Giant Defy Advanced 2 HRD
Trek Superfly 6

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

mkentik wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:08 pm

I know that but I liked a lot the feel and ergonomics of the 3t bar which I decided to sacrifice the looks for the practicallity
You can use a bar end junction box with wires outside, here an example: viewtopic.php?t=153191&start=30#p1424003

flying

by flying

mkentik wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:04 pm
kgt wrote:Beautiful! Did you buy it straight from the factory? Price?
Took me 5 months to built it fully customized from top to bottom, It's not a factory it's a family who speciallized in building masterpieces and are behind the scenes of major bike brands. I add a price list what they send me from the beginning.
Mine cost me........ //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5dbede29b25 ... %20Kit.pdf
Thanks & congrats on a beautiful build :beerchug:

Their price for Spirit Frame is good too.

Have you weighed your build?

mkentik

by mkentik

jeanjacques wrote:
mkentik wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:08 pm

You can use a bar end junction box with wires outside, here an example: viewtopic.php?t=153191&start=30#p1424003
Never crossed my mind damnd, looking into that many thanks bro

[Cicli Barco XCR]
[Gios Compact Evolution]

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Well done! That's a really nice modern steel bike...enjoy!

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

mkentik wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:52 am
Never crossed my mind damnd, looking into that many thanks bro
My pleasure ! And if you do it, you can also use heatshrink gain to wrap wires together, here a pretty good example: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=158383&start=30#p1517115

welchy

by welchy

This looks absolutely stunning, love the fact that it was built to your specs individually! If only I had the patience to wait 8 months for one, maybe in a few years!

micky

by micky

nobuseri wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:43 pm
Yeah; they are good folks.
The folks behind the Cinelli XCr, if I am not mistaken.

They sent me a polo shirt when they built my frameset a couple years ago. I had Blacksmith Cycle facilitate the build for me. Mine took about 8 months to get. Lots of holidays and the Max Columbus tubeset was in back order for a bit.

It was well worth the wait.
They do way more than that, and not only for Cinelli.
It's a little company very close to my place but what I love is that they are very open to try to new things and ideas from costumers.

mkentik

by mkentik

Answering your questions above the bike exceeds my expectations in all the matters, this is what I wanted for, a very well balanced performance bike which you can ride for countless hours. Very steady very responsive seems to be like even if i was not riding it will go straight in a descent without falling , unbelievable. It is inspiring a trust which I have never experienced before :up: .

As for the Weight came out at 7.800 kg exactly, but I have ordered a Darimo Seatpost(81 gr), a new pair of a climbing wheelset from Farsports(1035 gr) and Ciamillo Lekki 8 brakes(144 gr) and Aican Bungarus Bike Brake Housing Cable Kit
which will get the weight down to 7.12 hopefully. I was thinking about replacing also the QR with something more light currently i am using the DT Swiss RCS ti, but i found them to be very functional and well securing, I like something more lighter but i am afraid of losing the functionality over the weight loss. Reverting with updates.
Can you contribute to more liable suggestions to shed some weight without sacrificing safety and usability?
Last edited by mkentik on Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Cicli Barco XCR]
[Gios Compact Evolution]

mkentik

by mkentik

micky wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:37 am
nobuseri wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:43 pm
Yeah; they are good folks.
The folks behind the Cinelli XCr, if I am not mistaken.

They sent me a polo shirt when they built my frameset a couple years ago. I had Blacksmith Cycle facilitate the build for me. Mine took about 8 months to get. Lots of holidays and the Max Columbus tubeset was in back order for a bit.

It was well worth the wait.
They do way more than that, and not only for Cinelli.
It's a little company very close to my place but what I love is that they are very open to try to new things and ideas from costumers.
I totally agree, they were next to me all the time and they were super contributed to my project open to new ideas
[Cicli Barco XCR]
[Gios Compact Evolution]

by Weenie

flying

by flying

mkentik wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 pm
Answering your questions above the bike exceeds my expectations in all the matters, this is what I wanted for, a very well balanced performance bike which you can ride for countless hours. Very steady very responsive seems to be like even if i was not riding it will go straight in a descent without falling , unbelievable. It is inspiring a trust which I have never experienced before :up: .

As for the Weight came out at 7.800 kg exactly, but I have ordered a Darimo Seatpost(81 gr), a new pair of a climbing wheelset from Farsports(1035 gr) and Ciamillo Lekki 8 brakes(144 gr) and Aican Bungarus Bike Brake Housing Cable Kit
which will get the weight down to 7.12 hopefully. I was thinking about replacing also the QR with something more light currently i am using the DT Swiss RCS ti, but i found them to be very functional and well securing, I like something more lighter but i am afraid of losing the functionality over the weight loss. Reverting with updates.
Can you contribute to more liable suggestions to shed some weight without sacrificing safety and usability?

That seems like a fine weight all things considered & would not bother me at all to leave it at that.

After many years of riding & decades of logs I can say for myself it does not make very much difference if any at all for myself.
When I look back at my times over the years for various rides & looong climbs on bikes that weigh what yours does now & my lightest WW bike which were more like 6.1kg it is as I said...negligible. Then add in the fact that I have aged all those years & I would say it matter nothing at all in the long run.

As you said your bike is well balanced , responsive & inspires trust/confidence *that* is what matters :thumbup:

At the end of the day the beauty of cycling is in the cycling :beerchug: