El Cheapo Caad10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

I still have the original fork in the stock blue color that I have not sanded yet. I ran out of time while building the bike for last years race season so I bought a used enve 1.0 on eBay so that I could get it assembled quicker.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

SpecializedColnago wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:11 pm
Strip it and polish it. This is a CAAD 9 but your 10 would polish up the same way with time and patience. When I ride this bike I get more questions and comments about it then when I am riding my Red Hook Allez Sprint.

[IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/750x ... n0.jpg[IMG]
I love this bike so much. Makes me want to do this to my CAAD12.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

centurionAL

by centurionAL

I took the plunge, stripped the paint using paint remover. I'm still in the process of sanding away the stubborn residue primer. The crevices in between the welds are extremely difficult to work.
After 6 hours, I can't feel my arms....

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

I did mine a little bit at a time over about a month. I just worked on a small spot an hour or two at a time while I listened to music or had a movie on in the back ground. It helps but it’s still a tedious process.

jorisee01

by jorisee01

centurionAL wrote:I took the plunge, stripped the paint using paint remover. I'm still in the process of sanding away the stubborn residue primer. The crevices in between the welds are extremely difficult to work.
After 6 hours, I can't feel my arms....
Cool!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

centurionAL

by centurionAL

Gave it my best shot.... 280, 400 and 600 grit sanding followed by a thin layer of clear coat..
A really Raw and industrial look..... Decals will follow

Now nursing a handful of blisters 😢

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

:thumbup:
Looking good... and a 200+g weight loss...everyone's a winner
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

centurionAL

by centurionAL

Will there be a problem with the frame integrity?
Afraid that I've over sanded

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

You are no where near oversanded. The structural integrity of the frame will be fine for the amount of sanding you have done. The only way to oversand the frame is to sand blast it without moving the nozzle quick enough or using pneumatic or electric grinders on it and staying in one spot for too long. The material isn’t super thin like some older aluminum and Ti frames were.

centurionAL

by centurionAL

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:45 am
You are no where near oversanded. The structural integrity of the frame will be fine for the amount of sanding you have done. The only way to oversand the frame is to sand blast it without moving the nozzle quick enough or using pneumatic or electric grinders on it and staying in one spot for too long. The material isn’t super thin like some older aluminum and Ti frames were.
This gave me an assurance.... Lol...
Thanks for the tips!

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

I think I just found myself a winter project on my CAAD12. Virginia doesn't get horrible winters, but I would rather ride the trainer in front of the TV in the winter than bundle up.

SpecializedColnago

by SpecializedColnago

wolfesquire wrote: I think I just found myself a winter project on my CAAD12. Virginia doesn't get horrible winters, but I would rather ride the trainer in front of the TV in the winter than bundle up.
Let me know if you need some help on it. I can dig up the buffing kit I used with the various power drill specific buffing wheels and the correct buffing compound for you to borrow.

centurionAL

by centurionAL

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:45 pm
wolfesquire wrote: I think I just found myself a winter project on my CAAD12. Virginia doesn't get horrible winters, but I would rather ride the trainer in front of the TV in the winter than bundle up.
Let me know if you need some help on it. I can dig up the buffing kit I used with the various power drill specific buffing wheels and the correct buffing compound for you to borrow.
Wow appreciate it... But I'm in Singapore 😂

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

centurionAL

by centurionAL

Frame done with decals!
Time to do the fork this weekend!!
Pardon the headtube..... I tried my best.. :oops: