Smud carbon

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

astranoc

by astranoc

elasto wrote:I got an answer from him. He had some computer problems and many orders are delayed. He is working on my saddle now though. So everything seems to be ok now, just can't wait to get it!

Not fair, he should be working on my stuff, I ordered first :P Just kidding, it's nice to hear that he is still there.

richardh

by richardh

I think he is a 1 man operation. I ordered my seat and post the first week of January and received them the end of March. But I can tell you the wait was worth it. It takes awhile for the parts to get through customs. Very well made and very light. I had my made for a mtb and the seat weighed 72 gms and the post weighed 98 gms if I remember correctly.

richardh

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

astranoc

by astranoc

Does anyone have his phone number?

elasto

by elasto

Still waiting for my parts... Should I expect a message with a tracking code when my stuff gets dispatched?

FireSpitter

by FireSpitter

I was keen to purchase one from him but he has not replied to my emails since 2-3 weeks back. Not sure if I can trust someone like that with my money.
Please visit my blogs:-

I'm a MILF - er blog (Help raise awareness!) http://firespitter38.blogspot.com

True tales from the dark side http://truetalesfromthedarkside.blogspot.com

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

The waiting and lack of communication is frustrating even though I was aware of the likelihood from reading this and other threads. I ordered/paid three months ago. Piotr seems to reply to emails at best about once every 2-3 weeks. Still I've not seen any reports that he doesn't eventually deliver the goods and that when the do arrive, buyers are very impressed. So, I continue to wait...
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

Tom-s

by Tom-s

I've ordered from him multiple times. Most were normal parts but also custom seatpost clamps, and a custom saddle. It takes time for the parts to arrive but they have a great finish and hold up well.
He doesn't respond fast and often but in the end you'll receive your parts.
Be patient, it's really worth waiting for :beerchug: .

FireSpitter

by FireSpitter

He finally replied and I shot off my payment via paypal. I hope my wait isn't 3 months though.
Please visit my blogs:-

I'm a MILF - er blog (Help raise awareness!) http://firespitter38.blogspot.com

True tales from the dark side http://truetalesfromthedarkside.blogspot.com

astranoc

by astranoc

I am starting to get really annoyed. I have absolutely no problem to wait for the products but I need to know that something is happening, I haven't got any reply to any of my emails since 10weeks ago. I mean ok, I understand the guy is super busy, but for goods sake take half an hour of your time and reply to emails, that's part of your business too.

mariosimas

by mariosimas

waiting for a saddle, a seatpost for 2 months and couting :)

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

My saddle (UD w/ no labeling or paint) and cradle arrived yesterday. Saddle weighs 69 grams and the cradle is 10 grams. I ordered and paid for the saddle on March 29 and the cradle on April 13. Virtually no communication from Piotr since; no confirmation of shipment or tracking # given. Nevertheless, they're both very nicely made and worked great on a 2+ hour ride today. Worth the wait.
Wilier Cento1 SR

astranoc

by astranoc

My stuff arrived today, hallelujah after around 4months. The finish, the quality and the weight is amazing. Well worth the wait, now if he could only work to his communication skills :hmm:

elasto

by elasto

My saddle also arrived on monday. Very nice looking quality and amazing weight! Now let's see how it holds up.
Attachments
IMG_0112.JPG

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Does it have any flex? initial ride reports? I know its subjective, but is it comfortable?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

My brand new saddle is at least as comfortable for me as my prior Selle Italia Kit Carbonio Flow, which was thoroughly broken-in. Very slippery w/o a surface layer of leather so my bottom moves about more freely. I detect little flex but I don't feel as though I'm sitting on a fence post and I suspect it'll become a bit more comfortable as it gets broken-in (or I get more accustomed to it)...
Wilier Cento1 SR