Woodman Carbo SL Plus Seatpost

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

forgivenick

by forgivenick

Currently, I am considering this seatpost to replace the Thomson Elite I currently use.
I am hoping to both shed weight and increase comfort with a carbon post and this one seems to be pretty light (27.2x350 @ 159g) for the price (~$83 USD @ universalcycles).

Any reason why I haven't heard more about this seatpost? Anyone currently using it?

http://www.woodmancomponents.com/Web/Pr ... 2001:11:58

voodoojar

by voodoojar

I have one, it's actually lighter than that. 27.2x400 weighs 130grams

forgivenick

by forgivenick

voodoojar wrote:I have one, it's actually lighter than that. 27.2x400 weighs 130grams

Awesome. Now that I see that picture again, I remember you being the only one I have seen so far with one of these posts.
Have you had it for a while? How do you like it?

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I have the Woodman Carbo DX which is with setback version in 31.6mm X 350MM for almost a year. An excellent post and came in 153 grams.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

forgivenick wrote:Awesome. Now that I see that picture again, I remember you being the only one I have seen so far with one of these posts.

Haven't used it...

forgivenick

by forgivenick

voodoojar wrote:
forgivenick wrote:Awesome. Now that I see that picture again, I remember you being the only one I have seen so far with one of these posts.

Haven't used it...

Why not? Does it need a new home? :D

voodoojar

by voodoojar

Maybe, I have an axlightness 2100 seatpost that I'd like to use on my new bike but it might be too short. the woodman is my backup.

digit3

by digit3

I have two full seasons on mine and have experienced zero issues.

drider85

by drider85

I have one that worked out quite well. No real flex issues. Over the winter I over torqued the bolts and cracked the lower cradle. Turns out a Thomson lower is a direct replacement. The weight after I trimmed it down and before the Thomson lower it was 98g.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

On my way to work today this seat post failed. The cradle has these cutouts in it that are a crappy design. One side got caught on the post's lip and chipped the post a bit which caused the clamps to loosed just a tiny bit, which in turn caused it to fail and my seat to go flying.