Racing Ralph UST mounting problems on SLR

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

painless

by painless

Hello,
I've got a problem with my Racing Ralph 2.1 UST. I've tried to mount them on my SLR rims, and both always blow off when I inflate 2-2.5 BAR. One tyre is slightly used, another brand new. Where can be a problem?
With style, petite, with style...

by Weenie

Pinokio

by Pinokio

painless wrote:Hello,
I've got a problem with my Racing Ralph 2.1 UST. I've tried to mount them on my SLR rims, and both always blow off when I inflate 2-2.5 BAR. One tyre is slightly used, another brand new. Where can be a problem?

tires used with selant?
if yes, you must remove any trace of old selant on contact surface between tire and rim.

if no,
check riim

Kristina

by Kristina

Isn´t it possible to inflate your tires to max recommended presure? Will the tires blow off while inflating and reaching pressure of 2-2,5BAR? Or you mean that when you inflate the tires to 2-2,5BAR they will blow off in a short time?
If this is the problem, try to inflate your tires to max pressure. It will find its possition on the rim. After 2 or 3 minutes decrease the pressure to your desired value.

painless

by painless

One ralph is used, other - new.
It looks I've done everything right. Soupy water, bead put in to the center groove. Then I try to inflate it. It starts to pop-op ant when it reaches preashure 1.5-2 BAR (sometimes 2.5 BAR) it blows off the rim before reaching the max preasure. Looks like these tyres are spoilaged... Some guys told me that these tyres only suitable for trash...

Pinokio

by Pinokio

painless wrote:Some guys told me that these tyres only suitable for trash...

...as Earth is flat...

danlaf

by danlaf

have you tried to put soap on your tire bed? and make sure it pop on rim

painless

by painless

yes, I;ve tried this procedure. I think the problem is in the bead :noidea:

by Weenie